GDEMU: Music track screen

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

laghi72
shadow

GDEMU: Music track screen

Post#1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 am

Hi all.
After some weeks, yesterday I turned on my GDEMU-modded DC. No problem whatsoever in the past months.
Usual dc logo booting, then it does not load gdemu sw, going directly on music track screen..
I checked the sd card to be well inserted. It was ok.
Power cycle, I try again and music screen pops up another time.
AFter a few other tries (connecting and disconneting cables, cleaning the sd slot..), the cosnsole was able to load gdemu and I could play.
This morning same story.. music track screen.
I decided to open the console and check gdemu connection with motherboard; all looks fine.

What might be the problem? The ode or the console itself?

Thanks in advance for your help

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: GDEMU: Music track screen

Post#2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:18 pm

I have this issue now and then. Guessing you have a clone console, same as me. You have to redo your SD card on the PC. For whatever reason the GD Menu file corrupts and needs reflashing on the SD card. Easy fix, but a pain in the arse.

You can load it up in the SD Loader program and simply resave it usually. The likelihood of it happening seems to increase with more CDIs on the card. Almost never happens on a card of just GDIs.

laghi72
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks. So you mean it should be enough to put the SD memwith DC games on PC, open the gdemu application to build up card and click on save to fix the problem?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Yep, that's what I mean. Should fix your problem. I've had to do it a few times.

laghi72
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:25 pm

I tried your method, opening the Sd card maker and saving a few times just as you advised, but it did not work.. same music track booting. Even cancellling and reinstalling the '01' file, nothing changes.
Maybe something on the connection between ode and motherboard started failing, some pins contacts.. dunno.
Last time I had a session, I left the card fully working in the DC.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:26 pm

You may have to completely format the card and rebuild it then. I had to do that once, but it seemed to be a one off.

laghi72
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Card formatted and re-built. Same f.....g problem. Enough!
I bought a 5.15b clone and all works fine, again.

Hope the problem does not pop out anymore, otherwise I will have to go for a (second) Terraonion MODE.