Convert redump images to GDI for USB GDROM

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

filevans
lithium

Re: Convert redump images to GDI for USB GDROM

Post#11 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:58 am

You're telling me to buy the game and make a ccd when that won't work on USB GDROM, so what is the use of your post!?I've clearly said what I'm trying to achieve, even in the title of the post, so why not do some basic research about USB GDROM before posting useless unhelpful replies? And that's all you can come back and reply is just your arrogant response?

WILL THE SAME METHOD WORK READING IT TO A DISCJUGGLER CDI? Can you answer that and actually type something useful instead of just arrogant useless responses?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm

filevans wrote:You're telling me to buy the game and make a ccd when that won't work on USB GDROM, so what is the use of your post!?

dump to CDI and it will work on your USB GDROM

do not even try to convert homebrew to GDI, without knowledge of assembler, you will not get anything

filevans
lithium

Post#13 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks for your help. The game is quite expensive so I don't want to buy it before I know it will definitely work making a CDI. Can I just read the disc in a normal PC cd drive and make a CDI in Discjuggler? Thanks for your help

Absurd
undertow

Post#14 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 am

Try the following, I'm not saying it will work on your device but it's just 5 minutes out of your life. What have you got to lose?

1 - ''acquire'' bins/cue files
2 - download CHDMAN
3 - extract the zip/rar into a folder
4 - drop your game files into the folder and click on the CUE or GDI to CHD .bat file, the prog will run
5 - once the conversion has finished you should have a .CHD file
6 - staying in the same folder, now click on the Extract CHD to GDI .bat file, it will then extract the .CHD file into a fully functioning set of GDI files, namely bin/s, raw/s of varying sizes and a tiny .GDI cue file.

No need to rename files or mess around with hex editors etc, it'll either work or it won't. If it does you owe me a pint, if it doesn't all you've lost is a few minutes out of your day.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:10 am

filevans wrote:Can I just read the disc in a normal PC cd drive and make a CDI in Discjuggler?

Let's start with the fact that CDI is a proprietary DiscJuggler format, so be sure that by copying a disc to a PC with DiscJuggler you will absolutely get a working CDI image

filevans
lithium

Post#16 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:00 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
filevans wrote:Can I just read the disc in a normal PC cd drive and make a CDI in Discjuggler?

Let's start with the fact that CDI is a proprietary DiscJuggler format, so be sure that by copying a disc to a PC with DiscJuggler you will absolutely get a working CDI image

Yes I know CDI is Discjuggler but I was making sure it's possible to read an original game in a PC drive, as maybe Alice Dreams Tournament has some copy protection and discjuggler can't read the disc properly and make a working CDI from it