Convert redump images to GDI for USB GDROM

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

filevans
lithium

Convert redump images to GDI for USB GDROM

Post#1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Hello everyone

Please does anyone know how to convert the redump images which are in cue + multiple bin format, to GDI / raw / bin format to work with USB GDROM?

I have tried a tool called gdidrop which made the correct selection of files, GDI / raw / bin but the resulting images won't load in on USB GDROM, and return straight back to the USB GDROM menu after loading

I would specifically like to make USB GDROM compatible images of Alice Dreams Tournament disc 1 and 2 and The Escapee which are all found here:

https://archive.org/download/redump.dc.revival

Thank you very much

streeker
fragger

Re: Convert redump images to GDI for USB GDROM

Post#2 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:36 pm

In general, GDIdrop will do the trick for GD games. You just have to rename the files afterwards to make them work on USB-GDROM. The track files need to have two digits instead of one, i.e. leading zeros up to track09.
Example:

track1.bin --> track01.bin
track2.raw --> track02.raw
track3.bin --> track03.bin

Furthermore you have to open the disc.gdi with a text editor and change the track names there too.
Last edited by streeker on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

streeker
fragger

Post#3 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 pm

... Still, the games you've mentioned are CD games - not GD games. So converting with GDIdrop won't work.
Last edited by streeker on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

filevans
lithium

Post#4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:19 am

Thanks yes I tried what you said and they don't load, so they will need to be converted to CDI then, do you know how to do that? Thanks

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#5 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:32 am

Support Dreamcast Indie developers, those titles are still for sale.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#6 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm

filevans wrote:Thanks yes I tried what you said and they don't load, so they will need to be converted to CDI then, do you know how to do that? Thanks

Instead of making a playable Alice Dreams Tournament CDI you can also opt for making a CCD;

1. Get the game here
2. Make a CCD using ImgBurn

Yes, step one actually involves buying and supporting this indie developed game, which still can be purchased directly from the developers website!

filevans
lithium

Post#7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Shows you don't know anything, as USB-GDROM doesn't support Clone CD format (CCD)

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm

filevans wrote:Hello everyone

Please does anyone know how to convert the redump images which are in cue + multiple bin format, to GDI / raw / bin format to work with USB GDROM?

I have tried a tool called gdidrop which made the correct selection of files, GDI / raw / bin but the resulting images won't load in on USB GDROM, and return straight back to the USB GDROM menu after loading

I would specifically like to make USB GDROM compatible images of Alice Dreams Tournament disc 1 and 2 and The Escapee which are all found here:

https://archive.org/download/redump.dc.revival

Thank you very much

Look for Dreamcast TOSEC sets on archive.org, they are raw GDI dumps. Redumps are literally poop :?

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#9 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Huh, wonder how the indie developers that post on Dreamcast-talk feel about all the help this guy is getting to steal their work. Thought it was frowned upon here to discourage developers from spending time and resources on new games for the Dreamcast

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#10 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 am

filevans wrote:Shows you don't know anything, as USB-GDROM doesn't support Clone CD format (CCD)

You sure are amicable. It seems I'm not up to speed with USB-GDROM's compatibility (GDEMU has spoiled me), I was trying to save you the hassle of having to work with an old build of Discjuggler.

For someone who apparently "knows nothing" I do know how to support new developed Indies, you might want to get up to speed on that subject.