How can I make dreamcast game to run at 60Hz by force?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

bshi02
dark night

How can I make dreamcast game to run at 60Hz by force?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am

I have G1-ata moded dreamcast and found that some game only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1)
But this iso loader seems to forcibly display any dreamcast game on 50 Hz refresh rate in TV screen ..
It is stifling problem for me because I only have 60HZ CRT TV and japanese game, which only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1), doesn't have 50/60hz selection in the title screen..
and I found that some pal game(virtual tennis,gigawing1) has 50/60hz selection in the title screen,So It is possible to play these pal game with Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1) in my 60HZ CRT TV.

I found that japanese-cake have made 60Hz+VGA patch for Resident Evil - Code Veronica v1.000.

I think If I am able to make 60HZ patch for any dreamcast game, Then I can play japanese game in my 60HZ CRT TV, which only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1)..
Is there any tutorial for making any dreamcsat game to run at 60Hz refresh rate by force?

Sketcz
dark night

Re: How can I make dreamcast game to run at 60Hz by force?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:06 pm

bshi02 wrote:I have G1-ata moded dreamcast and found that some game only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1)
But this iso loader seems to forcibly display any dreamcast game on 50 Hz refresh rate in TV screen ..
It is stifling problem for me because I only have 60HZ CRT TV and japanese game, which only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1), doesn't have 50/60hz selection in the title screen..
and I found that some pal game(virtual tennis,gigawing1) has 50/60hz selection in the title screen,So It is possible to play these pal game with Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1) in my 60HZ CRT TV.

I found that japanese-cake have made 60Hz+VGA patch for Resident Evil - Code Veronica v1.000.

I think If I am able to make 60HZ patch for any dreamcast game, Then I can play japanese game in my 60HZ CRT TV, which only works in Iso loader of 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA (beta 1)..
Is there any tutorial for making any dreamcsat game to run at 60Hz refresh rate by force?

Apparently DC-X allows one to forcibly load a game in 60Hz.

https://segaretro.org/DC-X

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: How can I make dreamcast game to run at 60Hz by force?

Post#3 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:49 pm

VGA ?