how can I modify Default address in retrodream

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

bshi02
dark night

how can I modify Default address in retrodream

Post#1 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Is there anyone know how to modify Default address in retrodream with which Game is launched?
There is default address such as "0x8c000100,0x8c004000,0x8c004800,0x8c008000,0x8cb00000,0x8cef8000,0x8cfe0000" in retrodream ,But I want to run gdi or cdi file with different address other than default address.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: how can I modify Default address in retrodream

Post#2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 am

Do simply left or right with the D pad.

bshi02
dark night

Post#3 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 pm

fafadou wrote:Do simply left or right with the D pad.

What I really want is to modify default address such as 0x8c000100,0x8c004000 to 0x8c000300,0x8c007000 which is not provided in the retrodream address.
I noticed that When I run First kiss sroty2 in dreamshell in any preset It freeze as soon as I press start button in order to go into start memu, So It is impossible to test First kiss sroty2 in dreamshell.So I need to modify default address of retrodream to any address value I want in order to test it in retrodream..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:57 am

Strange if the game boot the memory adress is saved...
Do you have the last V3 ?
If you need an adress doesn't available in retrodream use dreamshell and iso loader with "save as preset"selected.
If a game freeze with dreamshell it'll freeze to with retrodream too.
You have to select an other loader to avoid that.

bshi02
dark night

Post#5 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:45 am

fafadou wrote:Strange if the game boot the memory adress is saved...
Do you have the last V3 ?
If you need an adress doesn't available in retrodream use dreamshell and iso loader with "save as preset"selected.
If a game freeze with dreamshell it'll freeze to with retrodream too.
You have to select an other loader to avoid that.

I use lastest retrodream V3 because It has memory address of 0x8cb00000 which is not provided in other version of retrodream.
I think that it is very strange that It is impossible to play First kiss story2 in dreamshell but I can play it in retrodream V3.
When I run FKS2 in dreamshell(I usually launch dreamshell from retrodream by push start button, select LAUNCH OS )
It display the screen of press start button message, But It freeze as soon as I push start button.

But It don't freeze at all when I run FKS2bin retrodream V3.
So I think If I can modify any address as I want in retrodream V3 ,which is basically provided by retrodream,Then I would be able to test it more reliable

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:40 pm