VGA Issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ELJarrodo
shadow

VGA Issues

Post#1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Forgive me if this ahs been covered before but I couldn't find anything on this particular problem.

I have a dreamcast that will not send any video signal through VGA. I have two retro bit vga set ups one of which is the box the orher just the cable they make. Both cables work on another dreamcast I have so they are not the issue.

When I power on the dreamcast the light on the VGA box I have does not turn on. Obviously this is an issue I've tried plugging in and out jiggling to see is it wasn't connected properly still no success. The console works fine on composite cables so the A/V port isn't totally busted.

I'm a little out of ideas so if someone has trouble shooting suggestions I'm all for it.

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: VGA Issues

Post#2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:00 pm

I suspect you probably have blown the one of the small SMT fuses on the motherboard of the console near the A/V output port. Unfortunately, without opening up the console and doing some soldering, there's really no way to fix it if that's the case.