Graphical corruption

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Pancake
shadow

Graphical corruption

Post#1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:14 am

Is my Dreamcast dying? :( :( :( :(

https://youtu.be/31hDgnUWbHE

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Graphical corruption

Post#2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:24 pm

That looks to me like you've burned a broken disc image - that's a simple texture issue. Either burn a different disc image or buy a legit copy.

Pancake
shadow

Post#3 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Roareye wrote:That looks to me like you've burned a broken disc image - that's a simple texture issue. Either burn a different disc image or buy a legit copy.

Well I have been using this image for years now and had no issues until suddenly today it started.

I am also getting corruption on the home screen.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:38 pm

Pancake wrote:
Roareye wrote:That looks to me like you've burned a broken disc image - that's a simple texture issue. Either burn a different disc image or buy a legit copy.

Well I have been using this image for years now and had no issues until suddenly today it started.

I am also getting corruption on the home screen.

Hmm. If it's happening on the BIOS screen then you might need to replace some of the capacitors. Have you done anything different with your DC recently, such as install a GDEMU or replace the power supply etc?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Probably the power supply is dying.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:23 pm

such artifacts occur when overheating, if you use GDEMU with a native power supply, then urgently change the power supply

Pancake
shadow

Post#7 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:20 pm

megavolt85 wrote:such artifacts occur when overheating, if you use GDEMU with a native power supply, then urgently change the power supply

The only think I did was open it to check the revision of the board before I bought a GDEMU.
That being said I haven't installed a GDEMU as it hasn't arrived.

Perhaps I need some new thermal pads.

Return to “Support”