Does DreamPi work with Pi Zero 2 W?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lisalover1
rebel

Does DreamPi work with Pi Zero 2 W?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:59 pm

I got a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W as an early Christmas gift and I wanted to use it to replace my full-sized Pi for DreamPi usage. However, booting from an SD card flashed with the latest DreamPi image just shows the "rainbow screen" at boot. Is a different image needed?

chrisrlink
undertow

Re: Does DreamPi work with Pi Zero 2 W?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:03 pm

yeah infact dcl (dreamcast live) sells zero w's (kits actually) for $80 usd but like all dreampi configs you need either a lenovo/dell usb modem + voltage inducer -or- get a combo usb modem by dcl themselves ($30) as of dreampi 1.7 the wifi package is already installed also pick up xdp browser cdi from dcl's download page easier to set up your dramcast that way (a legal way too) the other way is via planetweb gdi/cdi or quake 3

coasterfreak212
noob

Post#3 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:20 pm

I just got my Pi Zero 2 as well and I have the same rainbow boot issue :(

I think the image needs to be updated for the Zero 2, but it looks like it hasn't been touched since 2018.

With the chip shortage, it looks stupid hard to find anything besides the Zero 2 in stock.

I'm going to see if I can figure out how to compile it for the latest build that boots on the Pi Zero 2

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:40 pm

I just updated the image to work on the Pi Zero 2 W. Just download the "Pi 4 / Zero 2" image from here.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

coasterfreak212
noob

Post#5 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:42 pm

Thanks again @pcwzrd13 for all your help on this! :)

sl1pkn07
shadow

Post#6 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:39 pm

tested DreamPi-1.7.1-DLE-Pi4.img in my pi zero 2 w with Kingston mSD 32Gb ("Canvas Select(tm) Plus"), get rainbow output over HDMI

i dont have another rpi 4 for software update

greetings