HELP Dreamcast Black Screen But Sound is OK

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

KeyserSoze
noob

HELP Dreamcast Black Screen But Sound is OK

Post#1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:38 pm

Hi, first of all my english is not so good, i bought dreamcast today and seller said that working well unit, but after i check unit there is problem about picture, i tested with lcd ( as you see the video ) and 2 crt tv, always give me the sound but no picture, only 1 crt tv black ghosting screen(dreamcast logo visible for a second everthing black ) but sound is okey, i hope it can be easy fix...

Have a good day everyone,

https://youtu.be/azsKFJ8f1rg

KeyserSoze
noob

Re: HELP Dreamcast Black Screen But Sound is OK

Post#2 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:50 am

Noone know about this issue ?

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: HELP Dreamcast Black Screen But Sound is OK

Post#3 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:09 pm

Hey there,

It could be the cable has been damaged and a pin has bent or a wire inside the cable has fractured but if you are sure the cable is not at fault then you could try the following.

I have had this a few times and generally one of two things tends to fix it but both involve unscrewing the machine:

1. removing the internal power unit and cleaning the connection pins

I am not sure why but sometimes dirt grime or light surface corrosion seems to stop the machine receiving the correct power and I lose the picture. (please be careful doing this as it is obviously a mains power supply so don't do this if you are not confident!)

2. This is more of a long shot but the GDROM drive may have jiggled loose especially if it has been in transit and does not have screws holding it down.

I tend to have the black screen problem on my machine with a GDEMU board as it is not as secure as the GDROM drives and if I reseat the GDEMU board it can also fix the picture.

These are just my experiences and maybe someone else might have an idea but thats what i usually do.

Hope you solve it :)