Sega Rally 2 hangs when loading the game

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

megavolt85
Developer

Re: Sega Rally 2 hangs when loading the game

Post#11 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:23 pm

ShreddieMercury wrote:That definitely does seem to make a difference, however, it froze again recently and I only had the VMU inserted.

stuck when starting the game or when playing for a long time?

ShreddieMercury wrote:As for rumblepacks, I have a "Performance" (not sure of the brand) as well as a Mad Catz rumble pack. I have used the Performance one for almost everything up until now when trying to troubleshoot Sega Rally 2. Not sure if it makes a difference.

unfortunately I don't know which third party rumblepacks don't fully emulate the MAPLE protocol

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Post#12 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:36 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
ShreddieMercury wrote:That definitely does seem to make a difference, however, it froze again recently and I only had the VMU inserted.

stuck when starting the game or when playing for a long time?

Same as before, just freezes at the SEGA loading screen after the DC logo when booting the game.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:07 am

What kind of controller?
I've had some weirdness with the StrikerDC and slot peripherals.
Couldn't you insert the VMU after the game loads at the Start screen as a workaround?
I know for sure the GDEMU version of Code Breaker does not work with the WingmanSD, which has built-in VMU memory.
Maybe defrag the SD Card.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Post#14 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:09 am

MoeFoh wrote:What kind of controller?
Couldn't you insert the VMU after the game loads at the Start screen as a workaround?
I know for sure the GDEMU version of Code Breaker does not work with the WingmanSD, which has built-in VMU memory.

I hadn't considered inserting the VMU mid game, but that might be the best option. Does save data still load in that case? It does seem to be correct that the peripherals cause this issue.

I'm using the standard first party DC controller. Funny that you mention the StrikerDC though, I just ordered one of those! Seems like it will be a cool upgrade.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#15 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:52 am

ShreddieMercury wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:What kind of controller?

I hadn't considered inserting the VMU mid game, but that might be the best option. Does save data still load in that case? It does seem to be correct that the peripherals cause this issue.

I'm using the standard first party DC controller. Funny that you mention the StrikerDC though, I just ordered one of those! Seems like it will be a cool upgrade.

Report back on your testing with the StrikerDC. I'm curious.
I suppose you could do a load from the options menu, if the initial load is missed.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski