Fixed RE:CV to play properly on cloned GDEMU

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Fixed RE:CV to play properly on cloned GDEMU

Post#41 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 am

areyareadyherewego wrote:I always found it silly and little off-putting that the new official firmware 'fix' for CV and SoA intro limited read speed globally. Seemed like a big sacrifice. I understand you can edit the ini and turn that off after playing the game and moving onto others, but not an overly smooth experience - seems like the dev should've made it detect CV and limit read speed without global setting

Correction: The official GDEMU only changes speed for the two games in default mode (auto). Everything else will be at top speed.

read_limit = N

Where N is natural number in range 600 to 1250 (in KiB/s), or 0 to disable and -1 for automatic limit. If enabled (N <> 0), GDEMU limits media read speed to better match actual GD-ROM drive. The automatic setting will only affect games that need it. Default is auto.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#42 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 am

Thanks for clarifying that makes more sense

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#43 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:21 am

It's quiet unconfortable to request more from you daer @yzb but there is still a problem with resident evil code veronica first view person. I request you a while ago but now maybe you may fix it :

We try the patch and there is a little issue yet...

https://www.obscuregamers.com/attachmen ... -png.7710/

1) Failures in the loaded texture, only showing the textures that are with the camera in 3rd person.
2)We must go out and go back again in the room in order to have the full textures loaded.
3)If we are hurt the game go back in third view too and if we change the view we have the same issue than 1) and 2)

Despite of our efforts we can't finish the patch by ourself...
But the patch is usable and absolutely fantastic. I understand you don't have time for this anymore.

A last time, I want to thanks you for all you've done for us :-)

I wish you success in your projects.

向你请求更多的东西是很不舒服的,@yzb,但是居民邪恶代码维罗尼卡的第一视角仍然有问题。我已经请求过你了,但现在你可能会修复它。

我们试了一下补丁,但还是有一点问题...

https://www.obscuregamers.com/attachmen ... -png.7710/

1)在加载的纹理中出现故障,只显示与第三人称摄像机在一起的纹理。
2)我们必须出去,然后再回到房间里,以便加载完整的纹理。
3)如果我们受伤了,游戏也会回到第三视角,如果我们改变视角,就会出现与1)和2)相同的问题。

尽管我们很努力,但还是无法完成这个补丁...。
但是,这个补丁是可用的,而且绝对精彩。我理解你没有时间做这个了。

最后,我想感谢你为我们所做的一切:-)

我祝愿你在你的项目中取得成功。

Cranch
shadow

Post#44 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:48 pm

brunovieira90
minority

Post#45 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm

I'm sorry for the ignorance of my question, but replacing the 1st read on both discs will it work for both the traditional code veronica version and the code veronica x (kazenban) version?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#46 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:42 pm

brunovieira90 wrote:I'm sorry for the ignorance of my question, but replacing the 1st read on both discs will it work for both the traditional code veronica version and the code veronica x (kazenban) version?

No you have to patch the X version by yourself or use our releases.

murmandamus
shadow

Post#47 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:38 pm

Hello guys
How do you use the provided "1ST_READ.BIN" file?

I downloaded the US version of the .BIN file, because I'm playing the US version of the game.

So, I have these files in a numbered GDEMU folder containing disc1 (exact same file names in another folder for disc2): disc.gdi, track01.bin, track02.raw, track03.bin

So, how do I use this "1ST_READ.BIN" file?

brunovieira90
minority

Post#48 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 pm

murmandamus wrote:Hello guys

I downloaded the US version of the .BIN file, because I'm playing the US version of the game.

So, I have these files in a numbered GDEMU folder containing disc1 (exact same file names in another folder for disc2): disc.gdi, track01.bin, track02.raw, track03.bin

well I don't understand much about it but I think you'll have to use a program to extract the contents of the disc (there are some programs in python out there like gdiextractor and then you replace the 1stread file. I'll look for the link of a youtube video that It doesn't have exactly that purpose, but it has these tools to give you here. You can download it and test it on your computer

brunovieira90
minority

Post#49 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:01 pm

murmandamus wrote:Hello guys

https://youtu.be/o9XQUs9hSpg

in this video there are some tools that you can use to extract the files in a gdi and then reassemble it either with the dummy files, or without the dummy files. hope this helps you. and sorry for my bad english, i'm using a translation tool to be able to communicate.

murmandamus
shadow

Post#50 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Thank you

I think I managed to apply the 1st_read.bin: the "Files" menu shows up the middle folder bigger than the other two rather than small

But I'm having another problem, that already occured previously before patch: there is no sound in the boss (disc1) after I open the door in the airplane. Not sure is due to the patch not being good enough, or I have a corrupted image from the start

I've only tried disc1

Update: so the sound stops immediatelly after I open the door to the back of the plane, and even if I press the reset shortcut to the menu (START+A+B+X+Y) the sound does not come back. I need to reset the console for the sound to come back. I'm playing on VGA, btw.

Update2: turns out, it was indeed a ROM problem. Tried another one, and it is working :)

Update3: Nope. After getting the sound I just turned off my Dreamcast to play later. Next time sound failed at the same place. Tried a different SDCard already. Really don't get what made it work just earlier