Loose jump pack motor

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!

Loose jump pack motor

Post#1 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:23 pm

Hey guys I bought a Puru Puru Pack from Japan and the motor inside is really loose to the point where if I shake the device I can hear it raddle around inside. I ended up opening it up and noticed the foam that keeps it in place has shrunk from age, Does anyone have any foam tape recommendations so that I can replace it?? I was thinking of using gorilla tape to put on top of the original foam but from experience that tape isn't the best for a long term solution as it has a tendency to peel away with time. Thanks.

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: Loose jump pack motor

Post#2 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Update I ended up opening up the Jump Pack and measured how wide and thick it is for a replacement. I found a 1/2" wide and 1/8 thick substitute on amazon for 8 bucks, Its a little bit wider then the original foam but figured I can always cut it to size.

Dreamcazman
fire

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:12 am

A touch of hot glue would serve the same purpose.

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:43 am

Dreamcazman wrote:A touch of hot glue would serve the same purpose.

That is a good idea, I do have a glue gun but I want to try to keep things as original as possible...

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 am

Eso e