interview modem+BBA

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: interview modem+BBA

Post#11 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:55 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:I avoid ethernet the BBA because dial=no limit!

Of course, Dial Up is supported in all games and I did not plan to buy BBA, but my friend found Atomiswave Communication Cart for $ 15 and I could not pass by such a laugh price
A little later, I will introduce you to my modification and share the scheme, the whole charm of this mod is that the modem and BBA are one device and you do not need to change them.

This is just genius !!!!!!! Switching them out has always been kinda of a pain, this will make life 100x easier. I bet you even have some sort of switch to changed between the two??? Bravo. This is one of those ideas that just makes sense.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:48 pm

killer-elite wrote:.I bet you even have some sort of switch to changed between the two???

everything is much simpler, there are no switches, the modem and BBA use different buses with common contacts, but the activation signals of each of the devices are individual.
Games that support both the modem and the BBA first of all check for the presence of the BBA and if it is present on the bus, the game will use it despite the fact that the modem is also connected.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:27 am

I propose we call this the "MV Dual Online Adapter™".

MV for megavolt.

Here's the build tutorial.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15821&sid=832d15b29caf9c2c25a9e3969574a3df#p167756
Last edited by MoeFoh on Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:11 am

This is just awesome, really great project although I’ve not played online since a while..

George_Tilapia
shadow

Post#15 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 am

I see those Atomiswave Communication cartridges all the time on Ebay or Ali Express.

Excited to see what you do with this!