Discjuggler not working on Win 7 64bit?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Discjuggler not working on Win 7 64bit?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 am

Hello

I'm trying to burn dreamexplorer, the guides point to a precise old version of Discjuggler.
I downloaded and Installed it, but I receive two errore when opening the program:

Error 17235: Unable to detect an ASPI manager
Error 16945: Device manager initialization failed

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, unfortunately I don't have access to my old Win Xp system.

Is there a way to make discjuggle rwork on win 7, or is there a safe program I cas use to burn dreamexplorer without wasting blank CDs?
Thank you

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Discjuggler not working on Win 7 64bit?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:18 am

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ukluo2nn2bxpxm6

That archive I put together I think the win_10.reg is jus gonna do it there's key

https://videogameperfection.com/2016/02 ... windows-10 is what saved me ace

So now I see you're 7 64-bit, well I don't know why the installer doesn't budge? I wouldn't old DJ go v6 the last one, both my casts demand fast writes too I have to 24x

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#3 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

thanks for the archive.
Discjuggler Version 6start without issues on win 7.

Is there any setting that I should use in the Advanced page for burning?
I remember something like Mode 2, CD-XA and Raw Write, but I'm not sure.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am

VirtuaShenmue wrote:thanks for the archive.

DJ DEMO version works with out fail on windows 7 64bit here is me burning the very hard Bleemcast tekken 3 disk no changes to default are needed

Can burn any game the same as above.. Non demo DJ version fails at burning this disk..

Video ws done for this user
Sent: Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm
Recipient: Ian Micheal

Ian,

You are the man. I watched the video you posted, uninstalled full DJ, installed demo and did as you instructed. My Bleemcast disc works now! I followed your earlier advice and downloaded PS1 Tekken 3 (from cdromance as it worksed out) and after 6 bad burns I finally achieved Nirvana! I am not into fighting games as much as shmups, but I have to say this is a great game. Next up, GT2 and MGS.

Thank you again.

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
VirtuaShenmue wrote:thanks for the archive.

DJ DEMO version works with out fail on windows 7 64bit here is me burning the very hard Bleemcast tekken 3 disk no changes to default are needed

Can burn any game the same as above.. Non demo DJ version fails at burning this disk..

Video ws done for this user
Sent: Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm
Recipient: Ian Micheal

Ian,

You are the man. I watched the video you posted, uninstalled full DJ, installed demo and did as you instructed. My Bleemcast disc works now! I followed your earlier advice and downloaded PS1 Tekken 3 (from cdromance as it worksed out) and after 6 bad burns I finally achieved Nirvana! I am not into fighting games as much as shmups, but I have to say this is a great game. Next up, GT2 and MGS.

Thank you again.

Thanks

I see that on the advanced setting you don't touch anything, only post gap is active right?

For dream explore I must do the same you did for tekken3?
The default advanced setting are:

Mode: Audio
TOC CDDA
Add post-gap third party.

It should be fine for dream explorer?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:42 pm

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6836

I go by this, and have it saved TEAMCAST_settings.cdj the only thing that needs to set every time is TOC CD-XA

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#7 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 pm

disc done, dream explorer works fine, I left all the default settings

Mode Audio
TOC: CDDA
Post-gap third party ON

My lowest speed in my case was 16X

Thank you!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:46 pm

VirtuaShenmue wrote:disc done, dream explorer works fine, I left all the default settings

Mode Audio
TOC: CDDA
Post-gap third party ON

My lowest speed in my case was 16X

Thank you!

NP most of the trouble people have is messing with it or following guides that tell you to do this or that.. Works default like above every time..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:14 pm

victorpatrick wrote:Since DiscJuggler might not work smoothly on Windows 7 due to its age and compatibility, you have a few alternatives to consider for burning DreamExplorer or other Dreamcast software without wasting blank CDs:

Alternate Burning Software: You can try using other burning software that is compatible with Windows 7 and offers Dreamcast CDI image burning support. ImgBurn is a popular and reliable burning software that you could use. Make sure to select the "Write Image File to Disc" option and choose the Dreamcast CDI image file as the source. pge outage map

DJ works perfect with windows 7 64 bit that's all i use .. Problem with img burn is there is number of things like bleemcast retail skip check disk and some japan games only DJ can burn they only make a boot loop on Img burn or any other burning program etc. DJ even works on wine on linux

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:07 am

Win10 64 here both my GD-ROM-equipped Dreamcasts demand DJ and high 24x writes lol. Everything else prior is going to be ImgBurn 4x