Death Crimson 2 JP not working with JP OEM Lightgun - why?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Death Crimson 2 JP not working with JP OEM Lightgun - why?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:03 pm

neither the regular JP nor 'some percent translated to ENG' patched version work.

it can detect the accesory in the light gun section of menu but when I start story it doesnt detect it after the first time trying

its puzzling. my controller works fine to drag and click but not the same of course

is this common? am i doing something wrong? accessory works fine with other games.

also the Virtua Cop 2 JP version works fine but when I try the mega pack Virtual Cop 2 US it just hangs on loading screen. is that because of the accesory? Sonic hte hedgehog loads in the same mega pack. using gdemu.

thx

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Death Crimson 2 JP not working with JP OEM Lightgun - why?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:14 am

You're using the copies from the collection thread? Try downloading a copy from tosec collection and see if it works with that one. I don't have a lightgun to test myself.

Gromber
undertow

Post#3 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:31 am

I have the same problem with this game, i use EU RGB Cable and EU LightGun, i can play with others japanese games without problem.

Delon5
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:27 am

I have the exact same issue. My Japanese light guns will only work with virtual cop 2 all other ntsc (patched for jap lightgun support) games don’t recognise the lightgun shot correctly.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:29 am

@megavolt85 is going to have to help you guys.