Black Noctua Fan?? (Plus SD card and Sticker question)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Black Noctua Fan?? (Plus SD card and Sticker question)

Post#1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Im ordering parts for my first GDemu build. Im planning to do the Noctua fan mod but i hate that brown/tan color. Is there an equivalent to the NF-A4x10 5V in black?

Thanks

Edit: As to not make another thread thought id ask acouple more things on this post.

-Is there somebody that makes custom color lid stickers for the DC? Would be cool to get a black background with lime green swirl.

-SD card recommendations, something i can get off amazon
Last edited by MountainDewFKR on Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My other Dreamcast is a Naomi 1

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Black Noctua Fan

Post#2 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:00 pm

I would just use some model paint if you hate the color, I think it's a very handsome color and matches the cream cast color

Dreamcazman
fire

Post#3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:44 am

There's plenty of 40mm 5v fans around, but they're not Noctua's so will probably be noisier. Having said that, pretty much any new fan will be better than the stock one.

I'm not really a fan of the brown colouring either (no pun intended), but you don't see the fan once the case is on and I'd much rather a quieter console.

NightBreeze
fire

Post#4 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:26 pm

Noctua has the industrial/chromax series with black fans, this includes a 40mm in black (although not listed at https://noctua.at/en/products/fan), but I don't know how you can get your hands on them. Prusa used to have them as hotend fans but I guess they can't acquire them anymore (supply issues?) since it seems it's been swapped out for a louder Delta (according to comments, https://www.prusa3d.com/product/hotend-fan/).

AyaanGill
noob

Post#5 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:29 pm

I am also gonna order soon!
Regards,
AyaanGill
Check this FM WhatsApp Update for unlocking full WhatsApp potential

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:33 pm

I would love to see a solid state cooling solution, maybe a clip on copper plate that slips under the GDROM or GDEMU

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#7 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:20 am

I'm getting my Noctua fan and kit today, and I'm excited to install it? I don't know if the color makes much of a difference, especially since it needs the adjacent piece to move the air out the vent on the side (got mine in orange).

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Post#8 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:19 pm

Ok, so i do have some black vinyl spray paint that i can use on the Noctua fan. I just plan to give it a light spray. I will also be sure to avoid bearings when spraying.
Just seeing that brown color gets on my nerves. Im installing it in one of the china transparent shells. Decided to go with that mountaindew green.
My GDemu came in over the weekend now i just have to wait for this case to come in plus my PSU recap kit.

Next thing i need to do is look into what SD card(s) i should scoop up from amazon.

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Post#9 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:34 pm

As to not create another thread unless i have to.
Is there somebody that makes custom color lid stickers for the DC?
Would be cool to get a black background with lime green swirl.
Also could somebody recommend some SD cards.

Thanks

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Black Noctua Fan?? (Plus SD card and Sticker question)

Post#10 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:14 pm

Well, to each their own, I guess.