Typing of the Dead Keyboard

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Re: Typing of the Dead Keyboard

Post#11 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:13 am

Cornerb0y wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:
killer-elite wrote:Does anyone have any information about this colored keyboard? If it came standard like this or if its a custom??? I think this is my second time seeing one like this?? Maybe it was a first run edition of the game then they switched over to the all clear version??? Any information would be great and thank you in advance !!!!!

just had a closer look at this and it's FAKE. The type on the keys have been added on top of the "picture". ESC for example should all be in caps but the E should be larger than the SC like ESC. you'll also notice that the type on the keys is far too straight. it doesn't curve with the top of the keycap. https://consolevariations.com/variation ... itty-model here's a decent pic of a real DC short keyboard for comparison.

I have a feeling someone got a pic of a clear keyboard and altered the colour on the keys, then added the type back on, after it had been colourized. Looks convincing from a distance but up close, it falls short.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the NVM has a tendency to get a lot of un-released/prototype/promotional items donated, and this very well could be one.

it could be, but it's not. have another look at the text on the keys and tell me that hasn't just been typed onto a picture of a keyboard. it's too white as well as not following the natural curve of the keys, or distortion from the camera lens the pic was taken with.

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: Typing of the Dead Keyboard

Post#12 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:36 pm

fraggle200 wrote:
Cornerb0y wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:

just had a closer look at this and it's FAKE. The type on the keys have been added on top of the "picture". ESC for example should all be in caps but the E should be larger than the SC like ESC. you'll also notice that the type on the keys is far too straight. it doesn't curve with the top of the keycap. https://consolevariations.com/variation ... itty-model here's a decent pic of a real DC short keyboard for comparison.

I have a feeling someone got a pic of a clear keyboard and altered the colour on the keys, then added the type back on, after it had been colourized. Looks convincing from a distance but up close, it falls short.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the NVM has a tendency to get a lot of un-released/prototype/promotional items donated, and this very well could be one.

it could be, but it's not. have another look at the text on the keys and tell me that hasn't just been typed onto a picture of a keyboard. it's too white as well as not following the natural curve of the keys, or distortion from the camera lens the pic was taken with.

could be a prototype of the keyboard that was made for the higher ups at SEGA to be shopped around but was never made into production...either way thats a lot of work for 1 of 1 that was most likely given to the museum and not sold for profit