Dreamcast Component Cables?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

xaeroxcore
fire

Re: Dreamcast Component Cables?

Post by xaeroxcore »

So, hey guys! Finally cable arrived....and there is my long story with still undisclosed ending!

I have a working Dreamcast VA 1 Model unmodded. Cable didnt work on RGBS mode, nor VGA Mode. Tested primarly on my 480i CRT TV with component input, in which i play often using PS2, GCN-Wii, Xbox component cable with great results! No results there, just audio signal. Tested it also on my UHD LED which has an adapter for component cable (it´s a Samsung NU 8000), no video or audio signal. Tested it also on an older FHD TV with component input aaaaand...Nor video nor audio signal either....

So, got also my older DC VA 2 model, which is broken (it doesnt send A/V signal most of the time, and when it works, it restarts on loop less than a minute of "working")...BUT, guess what? Stupid cable did actually worked on it! Even from the startup and system menu you can tell the difference in quality! Colors look less saturated, and everything looks sharper! Tested briefly Soul Calibur and RE 3 in the small time consoled worked...and damn! They both looked great! The thing is....i cannot use the cable on a broken console...and the one which works well seems to be uncompatible! :(

I reached Bitfunx through their customer mail, they apologized and stuff and asked me to tell them the exact model of my console, promised to make some internal test and provide me a solution. Other option i have is try to exchange with someone my DC for another one compatible with component cable, which also happens to be on mint condition as mine, specially on the GD Rom Drive side of things :(. Talked to a friend who is a console technician and he is willing to help, thing is his consoles are not in good state on GD Rom Drive...So probably gonna end up purchasing him another one and see if my GD Rom Drive is compatible with the one of him that happens to be compatible with the goddamn cable, and he´ll do the rest.

Anyway, i´ll let you know if our Bitfunx friends come with something useful, because, forgot to tell ya, i´m in Colombia, South América...So guess what...Returning the product to Amazon on the States, or worst yet, to Bitfunx on China, is not a cheap option for me. :(

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

The 'restarts on loop' happened to me few times

The pins coming up from the power supply start to weaken contact, NTSC units you push them forth

xaeroxcore
fire

Post by xaeroxcore »

mistamontiel wrote:The 'restarts on loop' happened to me few times

The pins coming up from the power supply start to weaken contact, NTSC units you push them forth
Yes, i know. But also the console got the board replaced like 7 years ago, and normally doesnt even shows A/V signal....and when it works, the broken PSU does it thing...