purple modded Dreamcast slight 'power' issue?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Smokey
lithium

purple modded Dreamcast slight 'power' issue?

Post#1 » Sun May 07, 2023 6:57 am

So I bought a 2nd modded Dreamcast w/ DreamPSU and GDEMU clone 15.5b, it works, but the issue is, the power button is a bit hit-or-miss.

When I turn it on sometimes, it'll boot up to the Dreamcast logo screen, then cut off, the power will still be 'on', but there will be no life in the controller and the video will cut out and act as if the console is off, despite it still being on. (Power light is on, etc) This only happens if I turn it on a certain way (the button doesn't seem to be 'seated' properly?) Can that cause this issue? It's in a 3rd-party purple shell using 3rd party purple buttons.

I'm wondering if opening it up and reseating the button would fix this issue? When I do manage to get it 'on' and the controller works (VMU shows a logo), it works fine and tends to remain on with no issues, so i don't think it's necessarily the power uspply, but rather the power button?

Any ideas on what could cause this? I'm nervous about opening up this DC cuz i opened up my other one that was having issues and when I put it back together, it seemed like the GDEMU wasn't working properly (I'm gonna be messing with this one later today)

Any insight as to what could cause a temperamental power button? Is my hypothesis correct? or could it be something else I should also look into?