Dreamcast HDMI Issue

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mr.Marshall
shadow

Dreamcast HDMI Issue

Post#1 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:20 pm

Hello all I have 3 dreamcasts, my main modded Japanese cake dreamcast for use with all retail games, My standered va1 USA dreamcast for use for Joshprod and other indi releases that do not work on the moded one, and finally a va1 gdemu Dreamcast mostly used for my classroom for SEGA MONDAYS for my sixth graders.

I use a Kaico hdmi cable (I know super crap and cheap, but I am a teacher so on a budget) it works great for both my modded DC and my USA DC however the GDEMU DC is never recognized. The blue light does not even come on with this DC and it is not recognized by the TV.

My question is is this a issue with my GDEMU mod or the cable itself?

Any advice would be great!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Dreamcast HDMI Issue

Post#2 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:47 pm

There's a surface mount fuse on the 5v output to the AV connector that can blow. If your adapter doesn't even light up, but normal composite output works, that's my suspicion.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Mr.Marshall
shadow

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:16 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:There's a surface mount fuse on the 5v output to the AV connector that can blow. If your adapter doesn't even light up, but normal composite output works, that's my suspicion.

Thank you for that, is it fixable?

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:44 pm

Yes. It depends on your soldering skills though, it's a fairly small component. I had to replace it on my Dreamcast. I used this for a replacement: https://console5.com/store/fuse-1a-50v- ... psone.html
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Mr.Marshall
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:02 pm

Thank you so much!

Mr.Marshall
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:34 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Yes. It depends on your soldering skills though, it's a fairly small component. I had to replace it on my Dreamcast. I used this for a replacement: https://console5.com/store/fuse-1a-50v- ... psone.html

Would putting in a dream psu fix it?