Ben Ryves' De-Dead Zone Mod HKT7400

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RMR54
shadow

Ben Ryves' De-Dead Zone Mod HKT7400

Post#1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:09 pm

Good day everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and actually any forum lol.

I'm sure we have racing fans on the Dreamcast and the topic of the steering wheel has crossed your mind, I pulled the trigger on a Ferrari HKT-7400.. I think the wheel will be an excellent addition to the racing experience.. smoother inputs and better control on the Racing Simulation side and an immersive Arcade experience on Daytona (almost online woo! ) and others are what I am after.. I want to refine the experience and purchase and or build Ben's De-Dead zone mod above..

Trouble is I am not sure how to build one from scratch.. how difficult was it for your to source all the parts needed.. are here any modders on here willing to take on the task and ship me one ready to install? I will of course pay.

If anyone on here has purchased one from Ben directly.. how did it go?

Thanks guys in advance, like I mentioned above I am new here but looking forward to playing alongside many of you in the future.

RMR54 is my handle on everything Dreamcast, PSN, XBL, & Steam as well as my Discord.

I mainly race online ex: Monaco GP Online, soon to be Daytona, and POD racer..
Dreamin' :mrgreen:

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Re: Ben Ryves' De-Dead Zone Mod HKT7400

Post#2 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Welcome to the forums!

RMR54 wrote:I pulled the trigger on a Ferrari HKT-7400

When you say a Ferrari HKT-7400 - do you mean the Ferrari wheel by Thrustmaster, or the HKT-7400 Race Controller by Sega? Bear in mind that Ben's mod can't be installed in the Thrustmaster Ferrari, due to the electronics being entirely different.

RMR54 wrote:Trouble is I am not sure how to build one from scratch.. how difficult was it for your to source all the parts needed.. are here any modders on here willing to take on the task and ship me one ready to install? I will of course pay.

If anyone on here has purchased one from Ben directly.. how did it go?

Ben's funnily enough just posted on his Twitter that he has some more boards ready to go, so try contacting him on there.

RMR54 wrote:I mainly race online ex: Monaco GP Online, soon to be Daytona, and POD racer..

I'd only comment that POD isn't good with a wheel even with the mod installed - for some reason it always feels like you're steering the rear wheels instead of the front ones, so it always feels quite off. Racing Simulation 2: Monaco Grand Prix Online is good with it though, if you're looking to play another online racer with it, and of course Daytona is excellent when paired with it!

RMR54
shadow

Post#3 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Hello OlivusPrime.. upon closer inspection I've bought a regular HKT-7400 with some Ferrari stickers on it xD
Thank you! I will be reaching out to him and hopefully get my hands on one.. cheers!

RMR54
shadow

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:41 am

Finally got around to ordering the Dead Zone mod and will have my hands on it by the end of the month! I’ve been doing pretty good with the HKT-7400 on F355 already, so I’m eager to see if there’s an improvement to my times. Will keep you guys posted.

RMR54
shadow

Post#5 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:48 am

I’ve installed the Dead Zone board onto my HKT-7400 and the installation was a breeze, everything worked as it should. There’s a new learning curve compensating for a more direct input but no complaints. Will be practicing on F355 in the coming days to get more acclimated to it. Overall highly pleased and recommend anyone to get it. Good job Ben!

RMR54
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:50 am

https://benryves.com/journal/3763151

Here’s the link for more information.