VMU file downloading

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

VMU file downloading

Post by redjeff76 »

Hi,

Forgive me but I am very new to DreamPi and all "this". But I am wondering how to download VMU games and saves to my VMU from this site or other places. I noticed on this site there is a file in "downloads" for Maximum Pool VMU Save. I have seen downloads for other VMU saves at other places too and even VMU games. But I do not understand how to get the files from this site or elsewhere onto my VMU device. How can I use what I see on this site (like in the case of the Maximum Pool VMU Save), downloaded onto my computer, but then get that file onto a VMU? I would like to put VMU games onto my VMU's as well that I find online. Please help me out. THANKS
dromdnb
Anarki
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3 Arena, Maximum Pool, Worms World Party, The Next Tetris, ChuChu Rocket, 4x4 Evolution

Re: VMU file downloading

Post by dromdnb »

Dreamcast Browser? ;)
it's still thinking...
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

You can directly attain Maximum Pool from Dreamcast, DC-Live has a Dreamcast-friendly version of itself

http://dc.dreamcastlive.net

As for saves man when I started DreamPi in 2017 GameFAQs used to be clean enough for Dreamcast surfing but since no, I use a SD>serial adapter and Dreamshell to transfer to VMU. There are also the two CDIs there is Dream Explorer AKA VMU Tool v0.8.5 (site is only being blank @ the moment) and for a plethora of saves check El Bucanero's VMU CD Dream On Edition
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

Whoa! I just got a Dreamshell. I just haven't toyed with it yet. So...I can use that to transfer VMU saves and VMU games from my laptop computer directly to the VMU plugged into my Dreamcast controller?

BTW, thanks for always responding to my questions. You have been helpful indeed
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Not a problem

It's the only thing I do with Dreamshell even though means bootdisc and thank fuck for Dreamshell file on the SD card for serial port to stop the disc from causing mayhem, very rough disc to fully read and a royal workout on the laser