GDEMU Clone + Zero Gunner 2

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

LeSpank
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: F355 Challenge
Daytona USA

GDEMU Clone + Zero Gunner 2

Post by LeSpank »

I have a PAL console with a clone GDEMU v5.15b manufactured in 2018 and have recently noticed that after extended playtime it will reset back to the GDEMU menu.

I initially thought that it was overheating or PSU related but after extensive troubleshooting and testing found that I could reliably reproduce the problem specifically when playing Zero Gunner 2 (TOSEC dump). I have tested lots of other games running for hours and hours with no issues, but when I return to ZG2 the console will always reset at some point after an hour or two of game time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be? GDEMU settings? Bad dump? Unknown compatibility issue?

Perhaps somebody is bored and wants to try to replicate this on their system!?
dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: GDEMU Clone + Zero Gunner 2

Post by dubcity »

Maybe bad dump. Or ram being used up. Have you tried another copy?
LeSpank
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: F355 Challenge
Daytona USA

Post by LeSpank »

dubcity wrote:Maybe bad dump. Or ram being used up. Have you tried another copy?
I've struggled to find any different copies of the game via my usual sources. The game is listed on several sites but the file sizes and metadata always seem to be identical.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

There is only one rip of it from tosec

Zero Gunner 2 v1.000 (2001)(Psikyo)(NTSC)(JP)(en)[!].zip

Same here:
https://archive.org/download/SegaDreamc ... yGhostware

And here:
https://archive.org/download/TosecDream ... aryRelease

If neither of those work. Then you have something else going on with your hardware.