Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

|darc|
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online v2

Re: Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Post by |darc| »

DCGX wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:
Snake79 wrote:As much as a second thumb stick would be a welcome addition, I really don't see any manufacturer making one as it was never utilised for games made at the time because no such controller existed for the system.
The creators of Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament do not agree with you, so they added support for a second analog stick back in those years :lol:
That hardly justifies adding a second stick, especially since anyone playing those two games on Dreamcast nowadays probably use a mouse and keyboard anyway.

I do agree with Snake79, though, that, for games that use the face buttons for movement or looking, if they can be mapped to a second stick, that would be amazing. If a hardware company can parse that, that would definitely make a second stick on a DC pad worth it.
It's not an "if." It's very easy to do both. They just have to want to do it.
|darc|
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online v2

Re: Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Post by |darc| »

Snake79 wrote:As much as a second thumb stick would be a welcome addition, I really don't see any manufacturer making one as it was never utilised for games made at the time because no such controller existed for the system.
StrikerDC is advertised as a Next-Gen Sega Dreamcast Controller.
I would expect a Next-Gen Sega Dreamcast Controller to do something that wasn't done before.
If their excuse is "we won't do things that didn't exist at the time" then don't pretend to be a Next-Gen Sega Dreamcast Controller.
megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

DCGX wrote:I do agree with Snake79, though, that, for games that use the face buttons for movement or looking, if they can be mapped to a second stick, that would be amazing. If a hardware company can parse that, that would definitely make a second stick on a DC pad worth it.
Consider that I did it first, I connected a wireless x360 controller to DC, it has 4 operating modes: 1) standard controller; 2) mode of all buttons and analogues; 3) Twin Stick mode; 4) FPS mode in which the function of the left analogue is performed by the right analogue, and the left analogue performs the function of the ABXY buttons, additional shifts and buttons on the analog stick are tied to d-pad

P.S. You cannot connect a VMU to it, but you can connect a USB flash drive to get infinite VMU when using GDEMU with openmenu