Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them

Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Post by killer-elite »

The Retro fighters StrikerDC Wireless has been made in Black in Limited Quantities of 2,000. So if your on the fence on buying one I say this is the time to strike.
https://retrofighters.com/our-collectio ... ion-black/
Attachments
StrikerDCWirelessLifestyle_black02.jpg
strikerdc-wireless-vmu-black-700x700-1.jpg
strikerdc-wireless-angled-vmu-black-700x700-1.jpg
strikerdc-wireless-angled-black-700x700-1.jpg
strikerdc-wireless-black-700x700-1.jpg
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Post by DCGX »

I've heard such mixed things about these controllers.

Wildmage
shadow

Re: Retrofighters StrikerDC Wireless Limited Edition in Black - Only 2,000 being made

Post by Wildmage »

Waiting for my translucent blue version to arrive... I have a tracking number as of a day or two ago... The LE black one looks cool, but I already waited this long. I'll test it first. Thanks for.thr heads up tho either way.

Wildmage
shadow

Post by Wildmage »

Just received the StrikerDC wireless, and I gotta say, I like it.

It doesn't have a cheap feel to it, the analog stick is much closer to an Xbox One thumbstick than the OG Dreamcast controller, which I really like. The form factor is slightly wider and more bowed than the Switch Pro controller and 8bitdo Ultimate, which is great.

Time will tell if the buttons and triggers hold up, but they feel a bit below a premium controller, but a solid step above the Hyperkin Admiral I got new that has kind of squishy buttons and an R button that never worked right.

I'll consider getting one of the LE black ones. I think it's a good deal for $50, unless Humble Bazooka comes out with a darthcloud DC controller adapter version anytime soon, although I'm guessing virtual VMUs would be a bit more of a pain to manage than a good VM2.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

I am waiting for others to report back on this before I buy. There were a few 3rd party controllers in the Dreamcast hayday that were not good. I have an Intec 6-button. Also, being my company was a reseller, I bought four brand new Innovation controllers, returned two within 24 hours and still bought 2 more after the exchange in 2005. Yes, I own 6 of them, two are still in the box. One I used last night playing NFL2K2. At that time I didn't want a used controller being that they were not tested and most likely bad. Years later these official brand new blue box Sega controllers popped up so I bought four. Some are still in the box. When i die i will miss the battle btween my wife and kids on who gets the Dreamcast goodies...lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

djhazardous
lithium

Post by djhazardous »

Somebody on reddit said it lost connection if they held it a certain way.

ShreddieMercury
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None at the moment.

Post by ShreddieMercury »

I ordered one and am waiting for it to ship. I'll certainly report back and let everyone know what it's like. At the very least, it sounds like a vast improvement on the wired version.

vFxMz
shadow

Post by vFxMz »

djhazardous wrote:Somebody on reddit said it lost connection if they held it a certain way.
I heard something like that too, was interested but im a bit skeptical, it has some problems but honestly i dont know if it was just a case

Snake79
lithium

Post by Snake79 »

I've ordered the limited edition black from gamesconnection to give it a go. The blue controller has already sold out and the grey is low stock but there were plenty of black available despite it being the limited edition of the three.

It should arrive today and I'll try it out over the weekend and share my thoughts.

dromdnb
Anarki
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3 Arena, Maximum Pool, Worms World Party, The Next Tetris, ChuChu Rocket, 4x4 Evolution

Post by dromdnb »

I have two wired strikerDC controllers with broken left trigger buttons. After the first, i left a claim at Retrofighters and they wrote to me, they want to send me a new one. It never arrives :/ (maybe cause im based in germany) I want to give it a second chance for a used one at a retro shop for a good price and had the same issue, lol. I`ve got the black wireless controller a few weeks ago and must say i'm very impressed. The feeling in my hands is much better than the wired one, and the triggers had a much better design. I have never any connection errors or something and the battery life is awesome. Hopefully this one will live longer than the old ones...haha
it's still thinking...