Is there any Good thermal pad for dreamcast in aliexpress?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

bshi02
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star online

Is there any Good thermal pad for dreamcast in aliexpress?

Post by bshi02 »

I have dreamcast and I noticed that a thermal pad on the CPU have been worn out, and When I just test it by playing chaos field and gun bird2, It seems that the game feels more sluggish and more slowdown than ever before.

I plan to purchase a 1.5mm thickness thermal pad from aliexpress shop of below link.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004669291836.html

But Is it Okay to purchase any thermal pad from aliexpress shop in order to cool off enough heat from dreamcast's CPU?

TapamN
letterbomb

Re: Is there any Good thermal pad for dreamcast in aliexpress?

Post by TapamN »

The DC doesn't thermally throttle. The CPU and GPU don't monitor their own temperature at all.

Were you playing Gunbird 2 in VGA? That game has broken VGA support, which results in a lot of slowdown.
bshi02
dark night

Post by bshi02 »

I always have played dreamcast game on 5 inch crt tv. When I play gunbird2 in orginal mode (scroll up and down mode) ,I experienced slowdown speed of barrages when I move back and forth or move from side to side.
Is there no advantage in speed improvement even I replaced worn-out thermal pad with new one?
deluxux
Black Mesa

Post by deluxux »

It might just be the picture but it looks kinda dirty dusty, it might just need some cleaning.
bshi02
dark night

Post by bshi02 »

deluxux wrote:It might just be the picture but it looks kinda dirty dusty, it might just need some cleaning.
I neglected this mainboard in the dust almost a year, because assembling dreamcast ,I mistakenly fastened long bolt on the bottom left side of GD-ROM and It resulted in cutting tiny trace which is covered with white coating, since then It shows only black screen.
broken trace is very tiny(0.05mm) and at that time,It is totally impossible for me to successfully solder it.
But a few month ago,I decide to polish up my soldering skill and I finally succeed to connect these broken very tiny trace by making use of digital microscope and 0.02mm jump wire and soldering tip for microsoldering and Finally My dreamcast rise from its grave :D :D :D
I already cleaned it with IPA alcohol but It is not able to clean up thermal pad and CPU's thermal pad have been worn out and seems to not conducting any heats..