New Support Forum

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: New Support Forum

Post#11 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Some Dreamcast disc drives I had in the past did that and one only played CD's, not GD-ROMs. I just had another DC act up about a month ago.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

robocop9236
noob

Post#12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Greetings everyone in DC land!

so I rescued a Dreamcast from a friend who didn't want it anymore, came with no cables, only a controller and a game. It sat around for years collecting dust and last week, I decided to buy the necessary power and AV cables to fire it up. I opened the DC and did a good cleaning, removing dust and foreign debris. it now looks great. Put a disc in.. made a loud bumping sound and coped out, didnt spin any more discs. I since replaced the GD ROM disc drive with a functioning unit, and now it will spin discs no problem, without any troublesome noises. Put the new power and AV cable in, it powers on, I hear the dreamcast logo screen boot up, but NO display at all, just a black screen! Ive tested this out on two TVs and got the same results. Boot up sound, but no image , nothing. I even used two different DC AV cables, and same results so I guess its not the cables.

My questions are:

Is this a problem with the powerboard supply? even though it powers on maybe its not getting enough power to display picture?

Would A VGA cable possibly work despite an AV cable not working?

What do you think the problem is?

I understand its probably cheaper to buy an new DC but I would like to restore this unit for just personal reasons.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Din't think it's thread-worthy I need opinions if I am stressing my laser er can she take it ?

My unit is a Sports Dreamcast , refurbed from LukieGames . I don't suppose that means new laser huh ?

I got a pack of Memorex (disgusting on the data side) 210mb mini CD-Rs since the bleem!s and the like are not even close to using a whole disc

Just one time my Dreamcast did not boot like think it was the Import Enabler disc , teeny . But when I'm booting the bleem!s she is reading around 150 meg every time ? Is that stressing out my baby ?

And everything else I pop in are JVC Taiyo Yudens so I've been very gentle I hope

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:41 pm

To add to my question , even that I'll pop in trashy Memorex briefly it's still wear ?

God Oroboros
noob

Post#15 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Hello
im new to dreamcast emulation on android so im playing shenmue 2 and i cant multi tap buttons i would like to know if its my problem if its fixable through customization of reicast emu, or its not fix until this point? (On android.
Im not using a physical controller, using on screen controller thank for your time.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#16 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi,

I'm a poor new gdemu noob, I buy a clone recently until I'll reach an official one.

I'm using my dreamshell sd card, but I have to copy each time, I want to use it the gdemu.ini and 01 folder. What set I have to choose FAT 32 64ko is not good could you suggest me the best one and the brand of your sdcard please ?

I'm looking for codebreaker too please I didn't find it...

a tool for edit the vmu save if you have.

And finally a sofware to manage my game.

Thanks a lot :-)

Xiden
Developer

Post#17 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 am

fafadou wrote:Hi,

I'm a poor new gdemu noob, I buy a clone recently until I'll reach an official one.

I'm using my dreamshell sd card, but I have to copy each time, I want to use it the gdemu.ini and 01 folder. What set I have to choose FAT 32 64ko is not good could you suggest me the best one and the brand of your sdcard please ?

I'm looking for codebreaker too please I didn't find it...

a tool for edit the vmu save if you have.

And finally a sofware to manage my game.

Thanks a lot :-)

Use this to make your GD-EMU SDcard http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cv3ridg3o0d/DC_GD.zip
I use Sandisk brand, make sure its SDHC if you are going above 4gb storage

here is codebreaker https://drive.google.com/file/d/1js1Yp2 ... Fuqo0/view

VMU Saves Disc
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmutoo ... &download=

Kenny080
rebel

DC black screen help.

Post#18 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello my DC switches on just black screen I originally dropped 3 inches onto the carpet someone is looking at it next week . I was just wondering if something might have come loose thanks Kenny..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#19 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:41 am

Thanks you very much @Xiden.
For renaming game I'm using :
https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardManager/releases

It's a good software for you ?

SQloud
shadow

Post#20 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:16 pm

Great