Dreamcast imprt game ?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dukenukem
rebel

Dreamcast imprt game ?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 am

My dreamcast was made in september of 2000 and i made a burned disc of utopia to see if it works but the dc just shopws the regular sega screen then the screen where you access memory cardmsettings and wahtnot.Does this mean it can't read burned discs?Would i have to buy a retail boot disc for the dreamcast in order for it to play japanese games?

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Re: Dreamcast imprt game ?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Every DC after the 90s had better security. I don't think you can play burned CD-roms on it. You might wanna find some tutorials on how to remove the security or something.
Connection! Hooray!!!

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:33 pm

dukenukem wrote:My dreamcast was made in september of 2000 and i made a burned disc of utopia to see if it works but the dc just shopws the regular sega screen then the screen where you access memory cardmsettings and wahtnot.Does this mean it can't read burned discs?Would i have to buy a retail boot disc for the dreamcast in order for it to play japanese games?
this really doesn't mean much at all. if this was your first attempt at burning something you should try a different game. my last remaining DC was made in August of 2000 and it plays CR-Rs just fine.

Kaizoku ChaosStar wrote:Every DC after the 90s had better security. I don't think you can play burned CD-roms on it. You might wanna find some tutorials on how to remove the security or something.
not sure what you are talking about here?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 pm

I have yet to encounter a dreamcast that won't play burned disks
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#5 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

same here, mazonemayu. my guess is that it is indeed a myth that some cannot play CD-Rs. we had a topic on myths a while back.