Headhunter game breaking glitch?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kimppis
noob

Headhunter game breaking glitch?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 am

Hello,

So I am playing Headhunter for the first time now and I really like the game.

However, I think I have encounted a game breaking glitch... I'm almost at the end. I have just beaten Adam for the first time and controlling Jack again. Okay, so I get the second part of the emblem (or whatever it is) and I go down to the basement to activate the satellite uplink... I finally get to the room where you fought Adam (as Angela)... I pass through the room, as I don't see anything that I could activate and I just pass through it... Now I get to an elevator... Save the game, before I can notice that I'm (back) at the room where you got the emblems etc. I'm then wondering "like wtf? The game just let's me get back here, without any warning messages or anything before I can even activate the uplink... I have to go back there again?" The lasers are back so I can't use that elevator again (that is behind my back at that point)... But yeah no problem, I just backtrack all the way back to the point where I first went down to the basement as Jack...

Well, the problem is that the box (I don't know what it's called lol) you use to get through the lasers doesn't work anymore and I can't activate it either. So how the hell am I supposed to finish the game? So yeah, I missed the objective in the lab first time around and now I can't get back there. I mean really?! There must be something obvious I missed? I'm getting really desperate here. And 1. I have saved the game 2. I have tried to go back to Angela, but nothing happens, no boss fight, nothing, because I didn't activate anything in the basement.

Thanks in advance.
XBL: Kimppis PSN: Kimmo_DSP

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Headhunter game breaking glitch?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 pm

I don't know about this particular glitch, but I remember that Headhunter did have some game breaking glitches like this.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#3 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 am

I think that happened to me, but was more than a decade ago and i dont remember... but i think there was a way around it, or i just had more than one save (since early rpg times i keep at least 3 saves during a game)

About the Headhunter V2 LEILA mission bug that completely halts the game, i can confirm that i myself got around it, not hard at all, just had to try like 20 times :D

Kimppis
noob

Post#4 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks for the replies!

dark wrote:I don't know about this particular glitch, but I remember that Headhunter did have some game breaking glitches like this.

Yeah, I read about those too, but I thought "that can't happen to me". I have completed the game, except the last boss fight and I haven't encountered any glitches or bugs before, so this really sucks. And the thing is that I usually don't encounter glitches in any games.

segata sanshiro wrote:I think that happened to me, but was more than a decade ago and i dont remember... but i think there was a way around it, or i just had more than one save (since early rpg times i keep at least 3 saves during a game)

About the Headhunter V2 LEILA mission bug that completely halts the game, i can confirm that i myself got around it, not hard at all, just had to try like 20 times :D

I tried to go around it, but to no avail. I can go back to the big "elevator" thing that you use to get down, while the enemies shoot you. Those enemies respawn, which is great. The problem is that the two guards in the freezer (or whatever foggy place that is) DO NOT respawn and I can't activate the switch to open the laser doors either. There is a prompt for it, but nothing happens, unlike when you do it for the first time.

So if you check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhrF2a_CMqk

1. the switch in 1:15:00 doesn't work when you are there for the second time.

2. I somehow missed the huge computer in 1:17:27 and I just passed through the room and now THE problem is that I can't go back there.

Guess I should have kept multiple saves, but this is not an RPG! :D :(

And yeah, I read about that V2 glitch. It is just so hard to believe that there is such a ridiculous glitch that if you miss a mission objective, you can't just get back there. Like how is that even possible? But knowing about the V2 glitch, it kinda starts to "make sense".

Like what happened? They ran out of time to finish the game? It was realeased after the death of the Dreamcast, so I don't get why they had to release it as fast as possible.

Kimppis
noob

Post#5 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 pm

After trying it again a while ago, I'm pretty convinced that there is no way around it, so I just started a new game. The good thing is that the game is great, difficulty is balanced and by skipping the cutscenes it's also pretty short. This time around I'll have a backup save at the beginning of the Biotech that's for sure. :|

I would still appreciate it if anyone wants to share a solution for this glitch, in case there is one (unlikely).

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#6 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I've been away for a while, but if I remember correctly, wasn't this discussed recently? I think that someone had this same glitch and posted, maybe a search will lead to it?

Kimppis
noob

Post#7 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I restarted the game and completed it. There was no way around that glitch.

I think the glitch occured, because I didn't use the gas pipes (or whatever they are) against Adam (first battle), so the computer room glitched.

RalphBlue
noob

Post#8 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:46 am

Kimppis wrote:Hello,

So I am playing Headhunter for the first time now and I really like the game.

However, I think I have encounted a game breaking glitch... I'm almost at the end. I have just beaten Adam for the first time and controlling Jack again. Okay, so I get the second part of the emblem (or whatever it is) and I go down to the basement to activate the satellite uplink... I finally get to the room where you fought Adam (as Angela)... I pass through the room, as I don't see anything that I could activate and I just pass through it... Now I get to an elevator... Save the game, before I can notice that I'm (back) at the room where you got the emblems etc. I'm then wondering "like wtf? The game just let's me get back here, without any warning messages or anything before I can even activate the uplink... I have to go back there again?" The lasers are back so I can't use that elevator again (that is behind my back at that point)... But yeah no problem, I just backtrack all the way back to the point where I first went down to the basement as Jack...

Well, the problem is that the box (I don't know what it's called lol) you use to get through the lasers doesn't work anymore and I can't activate it either. So how the hell am I supposed to finish the game? So yeah, I missed the objective in the lab first time around and now I can't get back there. I mean really?! There must be something obvious I missed? I'm getting really desperate here. And 1. I have saved the game 2. I have tried to go back to Angela, but nothing happens, no boss fight, nothing, because I didn't activate anything in the basement.

Thanks in advance.

You should use the glitch walk through walls to pass the lasers, just go to the door of the room from where you would activate the container.

Hold L to crouch, then press A + B at same time, if you roll across the door, the glitch works, if not, try again in any side of the door. (Works in doors that not have loading screen, like some elevator doors)

Now you must be careful with the walls, walk slowly so as not to fall from the scenery, when you reach the lasers, go left side carefully, if you touch the laser, a guard will appear, also be careful not to fall into the void.

Entering the laboratory door you'll see the loading screen and the glitch will disappear. Because it only works on the current loaded level.

Hope you still have this save, will be satisfactory win this bug and progress with the game.

Vídeo example of this glitch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpoXbA2Q-E
Attachments
door to glitch.jpg
Door to activate walk through walls glitch.
door to glitch.jpg (144.97 KiB) Viewed 6826 times