Total Control 5 Mouse

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

we1dont7die
shadow

Total Control 5 Mouse

Post#1 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi guys.

Looks like a great community here so I'm hoping you can lay some wisdom down on me. I just got the TC5 and my one and only optical PS/2 mouse doesn't work with it :? Has anyone gotten an optical mouse to work, and if so would you be kind enough to let me know which model mouse you are using? I'm trying to avoid buying random mice and just hoping for the best.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: Total Control 5 Mouse

Post#2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:54 pm

I've been considering buying one, but I'm not a fan of 3rd party stuff like that. I'd rather use first party and know it will not cause any issues. But I'm hoping you find and answer to this because an optical mouse for quake would be delicious
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

we1dont7die
shadow

Post#3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:30 am

I think the risk would be worth the reward. The trackball mouse just feels really clunky to me and doesn't respond well when picked up and put back down again. Optical + Q3 is what I am after my friend :)

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#4 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 am

I have a skillz 2in1 adapter and use a microsoft optical mouse. Works good, just needs a smooth surface. My mouse pad makes it jitter a bit.

we1dont7die
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 am

Hmm. I just looked up the skillz 2in1 adapter and purchased one. I read somewhere that it might be more compatible/safe to use than the TC5. Hopefully it'll work with the mouse I have. It would still be nice to hear from someone with the TC5 though...

TacT
Uber

Post#6 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:12 pm

I have the T5 and found 3 optical mice I have work. 2 of them are wireless! signals not the best tho.. Brand is Micro Innovations.
The other wired mouse I have that works doesn't really have a brand I think it came with something like an antivirus program years ago it says Novel on it, its cool though it has water floating around inside it lights up.
I just find these at goodwill for 2$ here and there and try them out.

it's still thinking.

we1dont7die
shadow

Post#7 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Wireless PS/2 mice? Dont think I've ever seen those. Checking out the goodwill is an idea. Just grabbed a usb ps/2 adapter, im gonna give it a shot with some usb mice I have lying around.

we1dont7die
shadow

Post#8 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 pm

This adapter kinda sucks. I've tried two ps/2 mice (one optical and one trackball) and neither one worked. I then tried 5 or 6 USB mice (wired, wireless, and one with a trackball) using a USB to PS/2 adapter in between and the ONLY one that worked was the USB mouse with the trackball, and even that didnt work properly in game. The hunt continues.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#9 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Its not the adapter, its the mice. Chances are that the Dreamcast wouldn't like those mice with other adapters either. I'm thinking it is driver related. I use PS/2 to USB with my old Microsoft optical mouse. How much was the Skillz adapter?

TacT
Uber

Post#10 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:24 am

You also have to remember that this adapter is kinda tricky, sometimes you have to have it plugged in before turning on the dc, other times it works when pluggin im the mouse after you turn it on, sometimes you have to switch it to another port. idk.
But yes a wireless ps/2 mouse, the other one is a usb plug with a ps/2 usb adapter, but a lot of basic mice were just a ps/2 thats wired to a usb plug.
and ya some mice just don't work with this adapter. only certain hid compliant models would.

it's still thinking.