DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nascar241993
lithium

Re: DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Post#21 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:42 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
nascar241993 wrote:Bad news is that there hasn't been a change in the DreamPi's activity. It's still not picking up the phone call. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point.

This is really weird. I guess it could be either the USB modem or the Dreamcast's modem. Probably more likely the USB modem. That's just a wild guess though. I can't think of anything else.

Do you think I should go ahead and grab the replacements now or sit on it until later?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#22 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 pm

nascar241993 wrote:Do you think I should go ahead and grab the replacements now or sit on it until later?

I would wait and see if anyone else offers any suggestions. It's very unlikely that either modem would just stop working. I'm just out of ideas.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

nascar241993
lithium

Post#23 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Alright. I've sent Kazade another message, so I'll wait and see if he has any advice about what to do now.

Xiden
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:33 am

nascar241993 wrote:Alright. I've sent Kazade another message, so I'll wait and see if he has any advice about what to do now.

Have you tried running an older version of Dreampi? like may be 3.0?

This is quite baffling why its not connecting for you.

nascar241993
lithium

Post#25 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Xiden wrote:
nascar241993 wrote:Alright. I've sent Kazade another message, so I'll wait and see if he has any advice about what to do now.

Have you tried running an older version of Dreampi? like may be 3.0?

This is quite baffling why its not connecting for you.

Not yet.

I have a question for you and/or PCwzrd13. Does the Dell NW147's status lights change whenever the Dreamcast makes a call?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:27 pm

nascar241993 wrote:I have a question for you and/or PCwzrd13. Does the Dell NW147's status lights change whenever the Dreamcast makes a call?

Yes, the data light will turn off briefly.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

nascar241993
lithium

Post#27 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Ok, I just ran a test, and I noticed that the data light never turned off while the Dreamcast was dialing. I have another Dell NW147 on the way, so I hope it's just the Dell modem.

Xiden
Developer

Post#28 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 pm

That ras pi you have did connect in the past right?

nascar241993
lithium

Post#29 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 am

Yes. The setup initially worked since mid August, when all of the remaining parts arrived.

SoulOfIce
rebel

Post#30 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm having the exact same problem as well nascar, i've tried everything: (Reinstalling DreamPi, using different versions, changing how internet gets to the Raspberry Pi, different power supply's for the Pi, plugging the modem into different USB ports) yet I still get "There is no answer at this telephone number" but the Pi is showing everything running like it's suppose too, and the modem has both lights on. The only thing that could be causing it (only because I can't test it) is the LVI not working, which would make no sense because it has worked in the past, and it's protected quite well by heat shrink. And I also plugged the modem into my Laptop, and it turned on and registered it on my computer, so I don't think it has anything to do with the modem either. So I can't really help, but I just wanted to throw my hat into this confusing ring.