Segagaga English Translation

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamcastOriginal
shadow

Segagaga English Translation

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 am

Has anyone heard any news about the Segagaga English translation that was supposed to be happening a few years back? I keep holding out hope that this will come to fruition as I really, really want to play that game, but unfortunately I cannot read japanese...

Xiden
Developer

Re: Segagaga English Translation

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 am

I've heard the project being started up over and over but lack of results lol. If you have a android phone you could download Google translate and have your phone translate the japanese text for you. Kind of a ghetto way to do it but that's really the only option I can think of unfortunately.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: RE: Segagaga English Translation

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:20 am

DreamcastOriginal wrote:Has anyone heard any news about the Segagaga English translation that was supposed to be happening a few years back? I keep holding out hope that this will come to fruition as I really, really want to play that game, but unfortunately I cannot read japanese...

I really want this to happen. Hell ive lived in japan for over 5 years, and studied at a JP uni for 9 months, but JP games that are text heavy still kick my ass. I look into it every year or so but it seems its dead. Afaik the translation is not the issue, but applying the actual roman letter text is. Not just a simple hexedit like SNES games were.i still hope

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 pm

yzb helping with this translation?

Lin
lithium

Post#5 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:49 am

yzb maked SGGG Chinese version. Maybe anybody know Chinese and can translate to English?

Boonz
rebel

Post#6 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:28 am

I think the translation itself is not the big problem,
maybe the actually programming of the text is the obstacle.

XadPT
undertow

Post#7 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Thats sad, the games looks awsome, i will enjoy to play that game and doraemon in english

krssn
Metallic

Post#8 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 am

Lin wrote:yzb maked SGGG Chinese version. Maybe anybody know Chinese and can translate to English?

Then why can't he or she make the English version also?...

Or at least share how the text has to be implemented.

Same with all those Russian translations.

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#9 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Anyone who knows Japanese is this game a blast

MrBlueSky
fire

Post#10 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 am

You can now use an AI based translation on Retroarch. It's not perfect but could be a great tool for a first test of SGGG: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retr ... set-it-up/
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers