Good purchase?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alex.deloach
shadow

Good purchase?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:00 am

I've recently started collecting Dreamcast games. Yesterday I bought EGG and Record of Lodoss War, unsealed, but both in mint condition. I negotiated price and was able to get them both for $100. Was this a good buy? I thought it was, judging by the online prices but I've only recently started collecting on Dreamcast so im not sure.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Good purchase?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 am

I can't believe the prices on these games now. I payed like $20 for each and I may have sold both for less lol. I did not care for EGG, but ROLW is a damn fine hack n slash rpg. I would say the price that paid seems fair, but you might of gotten a better deal if you had waited for a better auction?

alex.deloach
shadow

Re: RE: Re: Good purchase?

Post#3 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 am

Gary_b wrote:I can't believe the prices on these games now. I payed like $20 for each and I may have sold both for less lol. I did not care for EGG, but ROLW is a damn fine hack n slash rpg. I would say the price that paid seems fair, but you might of gotten a better deal if you had waited for a better auction?

Thanks for your thoughts! I felt the same, but given the prices I saw online and the fact that it was at a convention and I could personally see they were in perfect condition, I felt like I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Good purchase?

Post#4 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 pm

I feel the price of a game is greatly affected by my preferences too. If I love the game and it is cheap I would gladly pay for a mint copy and not feel bad. If a game is worth lots and I don't care for it then it would have to be a great deal for me to pick it up.

So I say if you are happy then it was a good deal!

I have never played ether one but would love to lodoss war.