Trouble getting dreamcast to display on TV (again)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kosta
noob

Trouble getting dreamcast to display on TV (again)

Post by Kosta »

I know I made a thread like this before but my situation is a little different now and y'know, whatever.
To recap I had NTSC dreamcast that I was trying to get to display on my Australian TV, i tried both VGA and AV to no avail and just got the 'no signal' message from my TV.
The dreamcast turned on just fine and sounded like it was reading discs fine too.
At a loss for what else to do I picked up a PAL dreamcast to see if this might change anything, it didn't. TV still just straight up won't detect the dreamcast.
Someone on my last thread suggested I try opening up the dreamcast and tightening the screws around the AV port, I did this but it didn't change anything.
I'm trying two different sets of AV cables, I highly doubt either of them are busted they look just fine to me and so does the VGA cable.

I'm using an LCD TV (It's model number is msdv1962-04-d0 in case this is of any help to anyone?) and tested it out on some other LCD TV too, to no avail. My TV has no issue displaying my gamecube or ps2, so I'm just at a total loss here.. any help would be appreciated.

Kurasiu
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online v2

Re: Trouble getting dreamcast to display on TV (again)

Post by Kurasiu »

I remember having a similar issue, but it wasn't permanent - just sometimes (although rarely) my Dreamcast wouldn't show anything on screen ("no signal") after turning on, despite working fine as always (that annoying VMU beep, laser lens moving etc.). Turned out either the power cord must've been somewhat faulty, or the PSU pins dirty and/or bent, as I switched the cable with another one (took one from my Sega Saturn) and took out the PSU for some cleaning and pin bending - the issue never occurred again.