Microsoft Bought Out Sega!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Microsoft Bought Out Sega!

Post#1 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Notice: Dsiclaimer is at the end of my post!

Its a shocking though, the greedy money hungry Microsoft buying out the beloved Segas Hardware diesings. A thought so disturbing, well, it might be true!

Have you ever looked at The Xbox's Controller?

Xbox Controller

DreamCast Controller

Notice the similar shape and design?

Wait theres more!

Both have 2 slots for insertable media such as micrphone and memory cards!

Their plan:

They made a deal with to obtain the rights to all of their hardware designs.

Microsoft used those to create a new and improved DreamCast-like controller.

They rushed it to the market with the xbox, but they knew people would suspect something, so they made a last miute change, super size. Those giving an excuse for a remake of the controller!

Microsoft Windows CE on DreamCast!

People often refer to the DreamCast as Segas little white Box

Well, Microsoft coned that term from them!

The X box

Four Controllers ports on both of them?

A B C D

Microsfot did
1 2 3 4

This lowered supsison

Segas square circle port shapes?

Mcirosoft smushed them to make the novals!

That clever bastard!!!!
They made it black isntead of white to be compltetly opposite of any expectations that it was similar!

What do you think!

Up next is Id Softwares true soul-ismmm

Disclaimer
I made thise all last night while I was playing rez with some mushrooms of the happy type, I fall asleep (Or did I pass out?) before I hit the post button, so here it is, I don't beleive this, and if you do, well, I solute you!

EDIT: The picture was in code tags instead of img tags.

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Re: Microsoft Bought Out Sega!

Post#2 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 am

Arrrgh, it must have been Peter Moore, that old traitor!
For Great Justice!

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post#3 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:18 am

Except for the N64, can you mention a controller thats not inspired from the previous generation?

Neoblast
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 am

You should have added that microsoft wanted dreamcast games to be compatible with xbox. Sega of japan's president wanted them to still have online functions but Bill gates did not so they did not reach a deal.

Also note that the one who assumed the decision of stopping the dreamcast production ( Peter Moore, former president of sega america ) moved then microsoft's gaming department lol.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#5 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:40 am

That reminds me are there any rpgs on the xbox? i never owned one but i didn't think there were any anyways. as for the controller the designs are pretty simular but most game controllers are modified pre generation controllers look at nintendo's and sega's button amount
Nintendo 2-4-god damn
Sega 2-3-6-4
not including triggers or dpad (god damn is the n64 controller)
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:32 pm

MrSega

Post#7 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Captain Dreamcast wrote:Arrrgh, it must have been Peter Moore, that old traitor!

Actually it was Isao Okawa. He ordered that sega pull the plug on Dreamcast and on all hardware. The rest of the company was against it. Okawa also talked with Mircosoft, Hitachi and Toshiba about buying SEGA. So you see, Okawa was the one that gave up.

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#8 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 pm

but didn't he have a cancer he must have thought that the person after him could not handle the job
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:00 pm

MrSega wrote:
Captain Dreamcast wrote:Arrrgh, it must have been Peter Moore, that old traitor!

Actually it was Isao Okawa. He ordered that sega pull the plug on Dreamcast and on all hardware. The rest of the company was against it. Okawa also talked with Mircosoft, Hitachi and Toshiba about buying SEGA. So you see, Okawa was the one that gave up.

I don't see a Halo tattoo on Okawa's arm. How much more Microsoft can it get than a Halo tattoo?! Peter Moore switched sides, that's why he's a traitor.

Okawa may have given up, but he was still a part of SEGA.
For Great Justice!

Tamikaze
undertow

Post#10 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I read in an article many months back about the history of the Dreamcast, it was quite in depth and i found out some interesting things that gives me reason to believe the XBOX is more like the Dreamcast. Peter Moore said in an interveiw that back in 2000, some researchers from Microsoft came into SEGA America one day, looked at all the details of the Dreamcast, how SEGA marketed the console and other general bits of information and then just left. I always believed that the XBOX was based of the Dreamcast design and carried on the Dreamcast dream itself.

Also it was Okawa that wanted Microsoft to add Dreamcast support in the XBOX, but as said in a previous post, the deal fell through because Microsoft refused to give the Dreamcast games online support. I wonder how that would work though? would that mean the XBOX 360 would off been able to play Dreamcast games as well?

Okawa was against SEGA being in the hardware market since the Master System days so it was inevitable that when he took over, SEGA would be pulling out of the hardware market. Peter Moore may of switched sides, but atleast he didn't give up hope when the Dreamcast was getting destroyed by the Playstation 2.