New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Logic
core

Re: New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

Post#211 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 pm

While it may not exist or be imminent, Sony looks like it will bide it's time to aim for an actual 10 year cycle.

It'll take a lot more than quarterly losses to get Sony to stop aiming for the living room. Being that their prime market Is the living room out of the conglomerate it forms, Sony will look to keep itself embedded as a competitor in the space, so SCE may be reduced, it will not go under until the very fabric of Sony does. Sony is too large to suddenly disappear, so I don't see the playstation brand falling out anytime soon.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

MrSega

Post#212 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Logic wrote:While it may not exist or be imminent, Sony looks like it will bide it's time to aim for an actual 10 year cycle.

It'll take a lot more than quarterly losses to get Sony to stop aiming for the living room. Being that their prime market Is the living room out of the conglomerate it forms, Sony will look to keep itself embedded as a competitor in the space, so SCE may be reduced, it will not go under until the very fabric of Sony does. Sony is too large to suddenly disappear, so I don't see the playstation brand falling out anytime soon.

As far as I'm concerned, PS3 ain't going nowhere, it'll definetly be competing alonside Wii U/University & Loop within the year and perhaps a SEGA Orbit console in two. Sony's best option is to simply upgrade its graphics card. Playstation 4 is just too far away from reality. I think you make a great point that Sony will try to linger before officially bidding adieu to SCEI for the next few years. They're likely headed for scratching and surviving very soon if the quarterly losses continue.

Vita's launch is only a couple weeks away and it sounds like Sony has already botched its North American release. If SEGA releases their tablet soon with a new name and new marketing approach, it could threaten the Vita in more ways than one.

HowlingFear
fire

Post#213 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 am

Vita's launch is only a couple weeks away and it sounds like Sony has already botched its North American release.

I disagree at this point.
The reason why Vita sales poorly in Japan is the lack of games appealing to japanese market which is very specific. Japanese love wierd stuff, they can barely be attracted with Uncharted or whatever Sony released at Vita's launch.
Once there is Monster Hunter or some other games that are considered system sellers, I see Vita sales going upwards immensely.
As for the Western release, Sony got pretty solid launch lineup and a whole bunch of games set for 2012 release.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#214 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:55 am

HowlingFear wrote:
Vita's launch is only a couple weeks away and it sounds like Sony has already botched its North American release.

The reason why Vita sales poorly in Japan is the lack of games appealing to japanese market which is very specific. Japanese love wierd stuff, they can barely be attracted with Uncharted or whatever Sony released at Vita's launch.
Once there is Monster Hunter or some other games that are considered system sellers, I see Vita sales going upwards immensely.
As for the Western release, Sony got pretty solid launch lineup and a whole bunch of games set for 2012 release.

i was just on sega of japan and still no wii u :D psp vita yes but no wii u :D
http://sega.jp/cgi-bin/csgame.cgi?hw=13

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#215 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

MrSega wrote:Your right. So far there's no evidence that Playstation 4 even exists & the rumors about Xbox Loop is too conflicted since the reports about its name & chipset keeps fluctuating, I'm trying shift focus to a new multimedia,multi industrial trademark. Yet stu wants to be a jackass about it.

And stu, I've about had it up to here with your obnoxious behavior. Which is
totally & completely unessassary.

Post & topic reported.

:roll:

And I've told you before if you don't believe in or want to discuss either the next gen Playstation and Xbox systems then that is fine, stay out of this topic.

But as usual you come in here and try to HIJACK this topic so that it ends up being another discussion about some Sega trademark. I really don't give a flying f*** if you think this topic is pointless, its an interesting subject and people have a right to discuss it! :x

Its always the same with you, someone creates an interesting talking point or topic that just so happens NOT to be about a new Sega console or how you think Sega is about to take over the world (strangely enough not everyone wants to talk about your fake rumors ..what a concept!) and people start to post, then along comes MrSega with his Orbi or Kids Pad trademarks and HIJACKS the topic by SPAMMING THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE. Typical.. :roll:

As for reporting me, go ahead, knock yourself out bud. Lets face it, you've been reporting pretty much every one of my posts ever since I joined here.. one more ain't gonna make much difference! :lol:

MrSega

Post#216 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 pm

HowlingFear wrote:

There are 3 major complaints I keep hearing from people that will repel them from buying Vita:

1. The price point. So far most consumers(especially those who invested in PSP) are turned off by the price tag. They feel that Vita does not offer adeqaute enough features for its steep price point for a handheld. Most of these same people say they'd rather wait until Sony drops the $250 price tag.

2. Its space limitations. Vita will be limited in running digital and downloadable content. Sony has already confirmed, the device will lack internal memory and won't be able to run content without a memory card. Meaning you'll have to buy an expensive memory card to run content.

3. The worse crime of them alll: Abandoning UMD. http://www.gamespot.com/news/psp-umd-to ... rt-6349934

As you can see, game consumers are very despondent by this move and are furious that Sony wants them to double dip on PSP software and make them keep their PSP(most that are already broken.)

These are indicators that Vita's launch has already been botched.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#217 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm

MrSega wrote:
HowlingFear wrote:

There are 3 major complaints I keep hearing from people that will repel them from buying Vita:

1. The price point. So far most consumers(especially those who invested in PSP) are turned off by the price tag. They feel that Vita does not offer adeqaute enough features for its steep price point for a handheld. Most of these same people say they'd rather wait until Sony drops the $250 price tag.

2. Its space limitations. Vita will be limited in running digital and downloadable content. Sony has already confirmed, the device will lack internal memory and won't be able to run content without a memory card. Meaning you'll have to buy an expensive memory card to run content.

3. The worse crime of them alll: Abandoning UMD. http://www.gamespot.com/news/psp-umd-to ... rt-6349934

As you can see, game consumers are very despondent by this move and are furious that Sony wants them to double dip on PSP software and make them keep their PSP(most that are already broken.)

These are indicators that Vita's launch has already been botched.

i keep on see that kfc is giving out for free the psp vita thats prity bad its not even out yet that sounds very desperate to me

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#218 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:50 pm

you mean taco bell is giving out a vita as a prize. i checked if anyone else is doing the event and so far no one else is. unless ther doing it in different fast food places in different countries and states.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#219 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:you mean taco bell is giving out a vita as a prize. i checked if anyone else is doing the event and so far no one else is. unless ther doing it in different fast food places in different countries and states.

your right it was taco ball lol :)

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#220 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Getting this thread discussion back on topic after someone posted a stream of trademark crap in it.

Latest next gen Xbox rumors indicate that Microsoft are looking at imitating Nintendo by incorporating touchscreens in to the next Xbox's controllers. This report is from IndustryGamers.com

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox ... ---report/

Quote: "According to a report in Xbox World magazine, the next Xbox will have a touchscreen built into the controller, not unlike the Wii U. The shape of the controller is said to be more akin to the PS Vita rather than the Wii U's tablet controller.

According to the sources, the next Xbox "will be a matte-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect."

The one part of this report that is troubling to me is that it claims Microsoft are looking at setting a pricepoint of $600+. I would of thought Microsoft would have learned lessons from Sony's struggles when they launched the PS3 at $600.00.

Quote: "The report further states that Microsoft is “playing it safe” when it comes to the CPU and GPU, but other functions will change how you play. The price tag is also expected to be quite high, maybe even north of $600." :shock: :o