Straight From Wikipedia

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaNews
fragger

Straight From Wikipedia

Post#1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:30 pm

2:27 PM EST 7/27/11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Se ... tem_boards
"Sega also appears to be poised to be designing a streaming hybrid for use with household TVs similar to OnLive from the system's hardware as shows this patent that was issued by them on November 17, 2009."

IK we supposedly debunked this, but it now showed up on Wikipedia and no one has edited it out!

This is under the RingWide section of the post!

Most likely inaccurate but sure is cool to see something like this show up on Wikipedia!

This has been there for a long time now! (Around 8-9 months!)
Last edited by SegaNews on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

stu
Feet of Fury

Re: Straight From Wikipedia

Post#2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 pm

SegaNews wrote:2:27 PM EST 7/27/11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Se ... tem_boards
"Sega also appears to be poised to be designing a streaming hybrid for use with household TVs similar to OnLive from the system's hardware as shows this patent that was issued by them on November 17, 2009."

IK we supposedly debunked this, but it now showed up on Wikipedia and no one has edited it out!

This is under the RingWide section of the post!

Most likely inaccurate but sure is cool to see something like this show up on Wikipedia!

This has been there for over one month now!

That part you quoted has been there for quite some time. I think I saw it last year some time, maybe back in December 2010 or so. I imagine in was submitted at the same time as the entry about RingEdge and RingWide was put in.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks for heads up, i'll edit my post!
Do you think a fan just put this in STU?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#4 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Can't anyone edit wikipedia? For new's and rumors it's not really a credible site. :?

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:58 pm

SegaNews wrote:Thanks for heads up, i'll edit my post!
Do you think a fan just put this in STU?

It might have been a fan, I doubt very much anyone from Sega wrote that. I expect that who ever wrote it looked at the patents and drew their conclusions from that. I know when I first read it I found it interesting but since the information was already quite old even when I saw it I figured it had been debunked already.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#6 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:Can't anyone edit wikipedia? For new's and rumors it's not really a credible site. :?

Most Wikipedia pages have a list of references at the bottom of the page, giving the sources of the information contained. I usually check these references to see how reliable the information is.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#7 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

stu wrote:Most Wikipedia pages have a list of references at the bottom of the page, giving the sources of the information contained. I usually check these references to see how reliable the information is.

Oh is that it :?: I haven't been to Wikipedia In months and I never made an account there.

MrSega

Post#8 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:Can't anyone edit wikipedia? For new's and rumors it's not really a credible site. :?

Wikipedia is only half realible. Half of what's reported is true while the other half can be fabrication.

I posted that patent 2 years ago in December 2009 on the wikipedia page because of what FGNOnline was reporting at the time, the patent is real, but what has ultimately resulted in it is the Sega "KIDSPAD" a video game tablet set to begin test marketing this fall thats being designed to compete against 3DS and PS Vita.

The trademark is real,look it up.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Hmmm...maybe sega will strike a deal with cable companies and essentily revive sega channel lol it wouldn't be a bad idea if they posted their ENTIRE backlog especially dc totles...and shenmue 2...i missed that because I skipped xbox in its entirety lol