on sega of japan there is no wii u link =)

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HanedaFGN
shadow

Re: on sega of japan there is no wii u link =)

Post#21 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 pm

MrSega wrote:Haneda, they might have been confused with SEGA Spain or from a Brazillian source , but sonicstadium.org does have an article from late last month that a SEGA Rep claiming to be from Latin America telling them that SEGA was working on a new storybook game for the Wii, he them retracted his statement saying that he misspoke.

Do you have any idea when the KIDSPAD will be unveiled? The deadline to update the mark is August 12. So maybe this month?

Please fully read my posts before responding and investigate all links. Sega has three international headquarters. Europe (headquartered in the UK), America and Japan. There would be no Sega Spain, nor Sega Brazil. As you should know, Sega partnered with Tec Toy to handle their Brazilian operations. These rumors and articles were likely completely fabricated without a shred of truth.

We at FGN believe the Kidspad is the Korean iPad app that has been seen on this site before. We cannot verify if it is present on the iTunes App Store, as we have no means of searching the Korean version of the site. Our source was unfamiliar with either the trademark or the iPad app. It is possible they were considering an American release of the app, which fell by the wayside.

MrSega

Post#22 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:ya I know pretty much every thing about kidspad like how its supposed to have more graphical power then the 3ds and even the npg and that it might have a very similar design to the the I-pad. No offense but your avoiding the other question said on purpose or not. Why would Sega work for OTHER companies while they have their own console and portable? (Neptune/Segadrive and kidspad)

My memory might just be bad but on segaleaks and FGNonline didnt zach/heneda/brian say that they would be working Nintendo's, and Sony's? (and possible Microsoft if they make one and others.)

I read the TSSZ/Stadium article a while back also. Idc if it is a Wii or wii u title as something tells me that their will be something SONIC related on the wii U. A port of the classics or a brand new game. I just dont care for the idea in GENERAL. Also thanks for telling me about sonic revolution! I always thought it was always pre-names sonic wildfire :lol:

Mike Hayes did have an interesting qoute last month on a UK game site he said that SEGA would be bringing "HD Sonic Games, "Qoute GAMES" to Wii U. Not a "A game" he said games. What TSSZ editor Tristan Avery pointed out, the Hayes statement likely pretains to "Sonic HD ports from VC and XBLA" since purenintendo.com reported a rumor in late April that SEGA was "porting its Sonic DLC titles to CAFE's VC".

Like I said, SonicStadium and TSSZ News reported in late June that a storybook game was in development for Wii not Wii U.

ZachMorrisFGN
fire

Post#23 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:
HanedaFGN wrote:I shall address as many points as I can from the preceding points.

1. We have not posted news for a long time because our sources were questionable. This one is definitely to be trusted and he has provided us with proof of employment. I cannot share more than this for obvious reasons.

2. When I say "in the vein of" the storybook series, I meant that these will be developed for only the Nintendo console, and they will NOT be main series titles.

3. There is no such thing as Sega Mexico. I'm surprised that you were duped by such a fake rumor, MrSega. Sega Corporate's site shows ALL of Sega's international headquarters. As you can see, they have three: North America, Europe and the main headquarters in Japan.

thanks for explaining the storybook game!

As for sega mexico It probably exists but its not as well known as SOA, SOE, and SOJ. It is probably a small sega headquarters! they probably have a sega of france, sega of UK, Sega of london, Excetera...

Sega of America covers the regions of Canada, USA and Mexico. Sega of Europe covers the European Union, and Sega of Japan covers Asian countries. They do not keep separate offices in every country.

I wanted to verify that what Haneda is saying about Sega supporting the Wii U is true, I have also investigated our source and seen his credentials.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#24 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:08 pm

ZachMorrisFGN wrote:Sega of America covers the regions of Canada, USA and Mexico. Sega of Europe covers the European Union, and Sega of Japan covers Asian countries. They do not keep separate offices in every country.

This is pretty much what I meant. I know there's no such thing as SEGA mexico or else they would have probably would have been just as well know as SOA, SOJ, and SOE and they would have been with sega since the days of the 32x addon. But I knew sega covered more then 3 parts of the globe.

MrSega

Post#25 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Haneda, the KIDSPAD report doesn't add up. First of all, the logo design on the Korean App looks totally and completely different than the KIDSPAD trademark logo seen on the document. Also, the owner of the trademark is SEGA TOYS. How would this be releated to the Korean app?

HanedaFGN
shadow

Post#26 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

MrSega wrote:Haneda, the KIDSPAD report doesn't add up. First of all, the logo design on the Korean App looks totally and completely different than the KIDSPAD trademark logo seen on the document. Also, the owner of the trademark is SEGA TOYS. How would this be releated to the Korean app?

The US trademark document would only apply to America. Products have different logos in different regions. Sega Toys is a more competent division to undertake this endeavor because the app caters to children.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#27 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Haneda this confuses me too. Wasn't it a hardware trademark?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#28 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 pm

HanedaFGN wrote:
MrSega wrote:Haneda, the KIDSPAD report doesn't add up. First of all, the logo design on the Korean App looks totally and completely different than the KIDSPAD trademark logo seen on the document. Also, the owner of the trademark is SEGA TOYS. How would this be releated to the Korean app?

The US trademark document would only apply to America. Products have different logos in different regions. Sega Toys is a more competent division to undertake this endeavor because the app caters to children.

So what FGN is saying is that SEGA TOYS will likely cater this product to the youth in Japan,America and Europe?

Can FGN gather any information on SEGADRIVE, SEGA's upcomming arcade board, and the console variant for it?I'm not sure whether to call it NEPTUNE or Super System, because in the game "Super Demensional Game Neptune" the main character referanced in the game is an unamed SEGA console named "NEPTUNE" that is suppossed to be more powerful then her contenders.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#29 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 pm

"super system" sounds more like a codename. "sega neptune" sounds alot better IMO I hope thats what it will be called (If the thing even comes out :lol: )

HanedaFGN
shadow

Post#30 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 am

MrSega wrote:
HanedaFGN wrote:

So what FGN is saying is that SEGA TOYS will likely cater this product to the youth in Japan,America and Europe?

Can FGN gather any information on SEGADRIVE, SEGA's upcomming arcade board, and the console variant for it?I'm not sure whether to call it NEPTUNE or Super System, because in the game "Super Demensional Game Neptune" the main character referanced in the game is an unamed SEGA console named "NEPTUNE" that is suppossed to be more powerful then her contenders.

I'll copy the text of the email from our source so that there is no confusion from me being the middleman:

"SegaDrive is not a name set in stone. Currently there is internal strife at Sega regarding when exactly the next arcade board should be prepared. Sega's in-house development studios do NOT want a new arcade board. It would make porting to current hardware more difficult. They would prefer the arcade board to fall more in line with the release date of next generation consoles. Sega brass agree with this view, as they want RingEdge and Wide to become widely accepted as a standard in the arcade industry, and the boards have not been given time to mature. Investors, of course, want another arcade board. Should the investors win over, the board will be called SegaDrive and be released soon. I'm sure that it was ascertained from the discussion of other company's hardware that there is no new console being prepared to be launched alongside the next arcade board.

As for Hyperdimension Neptunia (as it is known in the US), there's no hint there. Sega wouldn't use the same prototype name as an earlier system prototype. It would be a mess to archive the relevant data. Sega also dropped the planet code names (or release name, in the case of the Saturn) with the Dreamcast. Sega had no hand in the game, the only aspect where it passed through us was that we acted as the distributor in Japan. Don't get this confused as publisher; in our role as distributor, we simply did logistics; this means we moved the boxes from the factory, to warehouses, to stores. We perform this function for many publishers, as we have excellent distribution channels throughout Japan. None of the studios involved in Hyperdimension Neptunia have any exclusive ties with Sega, and they are all external companies. It's just a quirky game with a goofy plot. That's all."