new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

CruSega
Doom

Re: new kidspad update

Post#441 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am

Mephiles550 wrote:
segagago wrote:Since Sega renewed their Sega Sports, when will they be able to make american football games again? I remember playing ESPN 2k5 on the original xbox and it was, and still is, better than any Madden I've ever played.

Forgive me, I've never played a single Sega sports game, only heard of them.

They renewed their license to make sports games?

If you ever played a Take Two sports game like the immensely popular NBA2K12, it is the successor to Sega Sports.

MrSega

Post#442 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 pm

@Mephiles. I find it very hard to believe you've never played World Series Baseball, NFL 2K or the fact that Daytona USA is well known to BE licensed under the "SEGA SPORTS" brand. If you've never played Daytona USA in your entire life,that means your a post-Dreamcast fan.

@Logic. Well I agree with with you that EA renewing the NFL exclusive license a second time. Considering that it was renewed in 2008, its not out of relm of posssiblity. They have until October 31 to do it. If they don't, it will allow other NFL franchises to resurface. Its it possible. SEGA & EA have much better relations now than in the past. EA does let SEGA license & publish their IPs in Japan.

With the renewal of the "SEGASPORTS" brand, I suspect 3 things: SEGA has been anxious to release the RINGWIDE arcade game "Sega Classic Racing" as DLC for 2 years. Although they sold off their "2K Sports" series & "Visual Concepts" developer in 2005, SEGA has been planning to set up shop in North America for its popular European "Sports Manager" franchise since 2010. I suspect that a "Sports Manager USA" trademark will pop up soon.

SEGA SPORTS is a mostly first party brand. Although the logo did appear briefly in 2002 on PS2 & Xbox, it is SEGA hardware brand that they have always have & still are very proud of this brand.

This renewal along with the 2009 renewal of the "Sega Enterprises" hardware brand is further proof that in addition to the KP/dc Pad game tablet that options for home consumer hardware are DEFINTELY on the table.

segagago
rebel

Post#443 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Although I agree EA will probably renew the NFL license, it would be very beneficial for Sega to have the exclusive NFL license if they were to make a new console or tablet. Having football games exclusively on their own console would be huge for them.
ImageImageImageImage

MrSega

Post#444 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:15 pm

segagago wrote:Although I agree EA will probably renew the NFL license, it would be very beneficial for Sega to have the exclusive NFL license if they were to make a new console or tablet. Having football games exclusively on their own console would be huge for them.

I agree. SEGA SPORTS has been sorely missed for so long. It would be so awesome to see them release some more 1st party sports titles.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#445 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 pm

MrSega wrote:
segagago wrote:Although I agree EA will probably renew the NFL license, it would be very beneficial for Sega to have the exclusive NFL license if they were to make a new console or tablet. Having football games exclusively on their own console would be huge for them.

I agree. SEGA SPORTS has been sorely missed for so long. It would be so awesome to see them release some more 1st party sports titles.

http://www.trademarkia.com/ea-sports-78808816.html (ea sports trad mark
http://www.trademarkia.com/sega-sports-75929491.html (sega sports tard mark

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#446 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 am

Well I remember reading one time that the nfl was considering not letting them have the exclusive rights cuz they weren't satisfied with the calbur of the games as of late...this was a while ago tho...over a year ago I'm sure...

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#447 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Anything updated on this "Kidspad"?

MrSega

Post#448 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:Anything updated on this "Kidspad"?

The trademark doc has been suspended. Which means a different name for the device has been filed & will be documented.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#449 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 pm

MrSega wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:Anything updated on this "Kidspad"?

The trademark doc has been suspended. Which means a different name for the device has been filed & will be documented.

I never liked the name "Kidspad" anyway. So I guess that's good.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#450 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 am

MrSega wrote:
Well, we are getting somewhere. The logo does look slightly different.

Cool!
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.