new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012
User avatar
Logic
core
Posts: 120

Re: new kidspad update

Post#431 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. Are Mircosoft's patent claims valid? I wonder if they even have proof that these infringements are legit.


The cases thus far have been settled, basically presuming that Google/OEM's do not have any patents in possession that are not FRAND that can be used to invalidate or challenge. Thus so far leading the precinct to be that MS's claims are valid, again until they are invalidated or Barnes and Noble or Motorola wins their patent infringement cases.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

User avatar
SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor
Posts: 181

Re: new kidspad update

Post#432 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm

any new trademarks with sega?
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#433 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:any new trademarks with sega?


I haven't checked yet. There should finally be some updates by early February.


segagago
rebel
Posts: 21

Re: new kidspad update

Post#435 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Since Sega renewed their Sega Sports, when will they be able to make american football games again? I remember playing ESPN 2k5 on the original xbox and it was, and still is, better than any Madden I've ever played.
ImageImageImageImage

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#436 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 pm

segagago wrote:Since Sega renewed their Sega Sports, when will they be able to make american football games again? I remember playing ESPN 2k5 on the original xbox and it was, and still is, better than any Madden I've ever played.


The anwser is yes, EA's Madden NFL exclusive license will least at the end of this year.

User avatar
Mephiles550
letterbomb
Posts: 156

Re: new kidspad update

Post#437 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:47 pm

segagago wrote:Since Sega renewed their Sega Sports, when will they be able to make american football games again? I remember playing ESPN 2k5 on the original xbox and it was, and still is, better than any Madden I've ever played.



Forgive me, I've never played a single Sega sports game, only heard of them.

They renewed their license to make sports games?
Image

Image

Image

Hiryosuke
Dead House
Posts: 376

Re: new kidspad update

Post#438 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am

Omg please yes the 2k football games were epic and madden is utter shit

User avatar
Logic
core
Posts: 120

Re: new kidspad update

Post#439 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 am

MrSega wrote:
segagago wrote:Since Sega renewed their Sega Sports, when will they be able to make american football games again? I remember playing ESPN 2k5 on the original xbox and it was, and still is, better than any Madden I've ever played.


The anwser is yes, EA's Madden NFL exclusive license will least at the end of this year.


Your Assuming that EA would let the license go, because of expiration. Considering the wads of cash EA makes to swim in from that IP, competition in that space is the last thing they want. I can easily see EA renewing the license.

Sega sold of Visual concepts to take two with associates as well and the 2K label was officially handled from that point on by 2K, who has an exclusive 3rd party agreement with the MLB on that matter.

So if SEGA was going to renew with intent to use, only hockey, Soccer(or football if you prefer), Racing, Rugby, basketball and a few others would be available to use with official sanctions(players, stats teams ect.) Otherwise, if the concurrent exclusivity Licenses are renewed, then Sega would be able to make a football or baseball game, assuming that they not use any official teams, stadiums, players, locations, and names.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

CruSega
Doom
Posts: 186

Re: new kidspad update

Post#440 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 am

I hate backstabbing EA to this day for not supporting Dreamcast. But like you say, why would EA not renew the NFL license? T-TWO interactive have already pwned the NBA Live series with the NBA2K series for several years. NFL2K series was the only legit threat to Madden. One of the best moves Sega did was pick up Visual Concepts, but dumb to sell it to T-TWO.
Last edited by CruSega on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rumors/Speculation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users