SEGA RAYTRACING ARCADE BOARD REVEALED!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RayTracer
undertow

SEGA RAYTRACING ARCADE BOARD REVEALED!

Post#1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 am

FULL REPORT SHALL APPEAR LATER TODAY!
Last edited by RayTracer on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

SegaNews
fragger

Re: SEGA RAYTRACING ARCADE BOARD REVEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post#2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:44 am

There... Is.... No.... Proof.... So why would stu give a f**k? This is just another BS report, sorry to say...
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:46 am

why do I get the feeling that banning-time is coming up again ;););)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

RayTracer
undertow

Post#4 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:28 am

The official report is up -

JAMMA 2011 SPECIAL REPORT : Sega’s Next Generation Ray Tracing Arcade Board
September 15, 2011 staffsegaleaks Leave a comment Go to comments

Sega has today revealed it’s Realtime Ray Tracing based arcade hardware in a behind closed doors invite only special unveil.

Only Japanese arcade operators were invited to the the behind closed doors meeting, SegaLeaks being the only western members of the press invited.

Specifications of the hardware were secretly guarded by the Sega execs, however one exec stated that the system is 50-100x faster at ray tracing than an 8 core Intel or AMD CPU.

A demonstration of Virtua Fighter 6 was shown. The game ran at high definition resolution at 60 fps all the while utilizing all the benefits of real time ray tracing and real time global illumination such as real reflections, real refractions, real caustics, it was unbelievable.

Sega states that here at JAMMA 2011 they are giving a private behind closed doors showing to the trade only, however, come February at the AOU 2012 exhibition they plan on revealing the system publicly to the entire world.

NDA’s had to be signed at the end of the showing, however, I used my contacts high up within Sega’s hierarchy to leave the meeting without the need of signing any paper work.

What we saw was quite frankly the biggest step up in the history of videogames, a bigger step than Model 1 was for it’s time, a bigger step than Model 2 was for it’s time and a bigger step than Model 3 was for it’s time.

If Sega can release a cost effective game box using this silicon in a sub $500 game box for the consumer market, which we know for a fact they will, then Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are as good as dead.

Just how revolutionary was it all? you’ll have to wait until February 17-18th of next year for the annual AOU exhibition to see what we saw.

Shock and Awe.

- Zach Morris (Reporting Live From The JAMMA 2011 Showfloor)

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Re: SEGA RAYTRACING ARCADE BOARD REVEALED!

Post#5 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:43 am

We'll just wait and see then..

If the arcade board actually shows up at next years AOU, the I will personally EAT MY CAT
Natural Harmonia Gropius

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#6 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:45 am

"zach morris" can eat a duck
Natural Harmonia Gropius

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

pics or it didn't happen is what I say ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Egregore
core

Post#8 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:11 am

Man, that sounds awesome.
If they made a console from it it would be sweet!
...But I want an official statement from SEGA! :x

By the way, any news about KIDS PAD?

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#9 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 am

MrSega

Post#10 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

MistaBuck wrote:We'll just wait and see then..

If the arcade board actually shows up at next years AOU, the I will personally EAT MY CAT

TheStringerReport and TSSZ NEWS have already confirmed that a new arcade board DOES exist and that it won't be annouced until Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is confirmed as DLC on XBLA and PSN.

RayTracer, I've had enough of your bullshit. Your asking for a ban. You made your point. You've already tricked people into thinking that this is actually Zachary Morris when it is not. Since Mr. Morris is not showing up here trying to defend himself like he should insisting that FGN have pretty much given up on these wordpress blog, you are nothing but a troll passing nonsense information that so ludicrious.

SEGA does NOT and has NEVER displayed and arcade board behind closed doors, when they annouce a new machine, its availble to the open public. Not only that, but ZachMorrisFGN is currently at home in San Francisco and not in Tokyo.

Since this topic is pretty much bullshit garbage with no speculation of any kind, I'm going to ask Gary b to lock it.