Lindbergh's successor to be annouced very soon?!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Lindbergh's successor to be annouced very soon?!

Post#1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:05 pm

I've checked out some articles on JAMMA and so far SEGA has not yet annouced any new arcade titles, although Taito did roll out a new arcade machine that I believe is simluar to Wii U in power and SEGA displayed its 2009-2010 lineup of RINGWIDE and RINGEDGE titles. Operation GHOST's booth was seen but it was not even set up for display.
But there's a definite clue that LINDBERGH's successor is being preparing for unveiling. On day one, SEGA annouced,displayed and confirmed that Virtua Tennis 4 using ALL.net will be LINDBERGH's official FINAL arcade release. Meaning SEGA is preparing to retire its long running arcade board.

http://arcadeheroes.com

VT 4 is getting overseas shipment and ArcadeHeroes says they do expect MORE surprises from SEGA soon.

So RINGWAVE is about to be annouced.

RayTracer
undertow

Re: Lindbergh's successor to be annouced very soon?!

Post#2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Lindbergh's successor was the RingEdge.

MrSega

Post#3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 pm

RayTracer wrote:Lindbergh's successor was the RingEdge.

No it wasn't. It was a short lived mid range board.

Then that means System 32 was System 16's true successor, that Model 3 was Model 2's successor.

No. These were nothing but short lived mid range board that didn't even last for 2 years. CASED CLOSED.

The NEW board is LINDBERGH's true successor.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#4 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm

I wouldn't worry, it will be released most likely sometime soon. We will just have to wait & see.

It looks like Ray is trying to push the buttons. GL with that one!
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Post#5 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:31 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:I wouldn't worry, it will be released most likely sometime soon. We will just have to wait & see.

It looks like Ray is trying to push the buttons. GL with that one!

Yeah, I already reported his topic.

Anyway, I do have several sources about what the board's CPU is,what its called and small reports of some of its lineup title.

The new board will use Nvidia Denver 64-bit ARM based ISA CPU running 8 ARM cores with 512MB of memory. Nvidia has made a surprise entry into the Mircoprocessor market and sources point to SEGA making a last minute change in its CPU from Fujitsu SPARC Venus 8 to Nvidia Denver due to a delay in the configuration design of Venus 8. SEGA is no longer doing business with Intel. Because Denver is non x86 configured, and won't be availible to the PC market until 2013 and will only power Apple's 2012 line of MAC BOOKs, SEGA can easily and inexpenisively build a console design f from it rather quickly.

The new board is called RINGWAVE.

The GPU is said to be NEC Power VR 6 the RTU is currently uknown.

The sound chip is said to be a Delta triple 24-bit channel.

Although the new board will be annnouced soon, it will not officially go on display until AOU 2012.

TSSZ News,ArcadeHeroes and TheStringerReport have all confirmed that Virtua Fighter 6 will be the debut title running on RINGWAVE.

Here's other rumored titles that may be running on the new machine:

House of the Dead 5.

New After Burner.

L.A. Machineguns.

Outrun 2012.

Gunblade N.Y.

Speculated titles:

Border Break 2.0

Phantasy Star Online 2.0 3D.

Bayonetta 2?

Virtual Striker 5.

Unamed NEW IP.

Possible new Shinobi title.

Egregore
core

Post#6 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

A home version of border break would be cool, it would give gamers in the USA to try it out.
Phantasy star online 2 is a no brainer!
A new shinobi game would be awesome!
a new vectorman, alex kidd, streets of rage, skies of arcadia, panzer dragoon, shenmue, jet grind radio, space channel 5, and a virtua racing sequel are all on my theoretical wishlist for this theoretical console.

MrSega

Post#7 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm

AlecRob wrote:A home version of border break would be cool, it would give gamers in the USA to try it out.
Phantasy star online 2 is a no brainer!
A new shinobi game would be awesome!
a new vectorman, alex kidd, streets of rage, skies of arcadia, panzer dragoon, shenmue, jet grind radio, space channel 5, and a virtua racing sequel are all on my theoretical wishlist for this theoretical console.

Great wishlist! Although new IPs would certainly be cool showing consumers that SEGA is always trying new ideas for thier games.
I definelty would love to see Golden Axe,Vectorman and many other Genesis,Mega Drive classes return as well as Saturn and Dreamcast classics.

Other reports regaurding RINGWAVE:

The internal RAM is 8GB much like RINGEDGE, a console version of RINGWAVE would have the internal memory scaled down to 4GBs.

Storage for RINGWAVE like RINGEDGE will be a SSD although reports of its capacity vary from 8GBs to 32GBs.

The media will be Blu-Ray and most sources point to it being Pioneer Blu-Ray16, SEGA was preparing to strike a deal for OEM use with Sony to use standard BD DVD2 but the PSN hack has caused SEGA to become severely concerned about piracy.

Connectively will be ALL.net of course. But it is said that SEGA will roll out a more cost efficiant Wi-Fi ALL.net database with RINGWAVE.

Egregore
core

Post#8 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:42 am

Hmm, It doesn't look like they've said anything about an arcade board at TGS... Not even anything concerning KIDS PAD. :?
Is it possible that they will talk about it on one of the 'public days'? (17th and 18th)

MrSega

Post#9 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

AlecRob wrote:Hmm, It doesn't look like they've said anything about an arcade board at TGS... Not even anything concerning KIDS PAD. :?
Is it possible that they will talk about it on one of the 'public days'? (17th and 18th)

Its very possible. Plus you have to remember that the entire Tokyo Trademark Office was seriously affected by the March 11 Jiishin. Most of the new games annouced at TGS from SEGA,NamcoBandai and Sony trademarks remain undocumented because the earthquake caused damaged to the trademark office.

This may explain why Sonic Generations' trademark status like the KIDS PAD is "NON FINAL ACTION MAILED".

It going to take a while, but when its all said and done RINGWAVE and KIDS PAD wil be publicly confirmed soon.

What interesting is not only was a PS Vita version of Sonic Generations ruled out of the handheld's Japanese launch, but not one Japanese publisher confirmed or annouced ANY game for Nintendo Wii U at TGS. Almost as if Wii U does not have widespread Japanese support. Most new IPs were confirmed and displayed for PS3/360 well into 2012.

The only thing Wii U fans got before TGS was Dragon Quest X, but it was revealed that it had been in development for Wii since 2005 and all they talked about was the Wii version.

Anyway, back on topic according to TheStringerReport, SEGA made a last minute decision to change the annoucement of the new board from JAMMA. TSSZ News and numorous realible sources have been saying "Expect SEGA to roll out new arcade hardware that runs VF6 at Virtua Figher 5: Final Showdown's press release."

So we'll just have to wait.

Egregore
core

Post#10 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:08 pm

I don't think i can wait much longer! :shock:

I hope they announce it at least this month :lol:

Return to “Rumors/Speculation”