False Information. Admins Please Close Thread.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Re: PowerVR RTX is PowerVR Series 7

Post#21 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm

@MrSega

Well Technically, I DON'T know there's a new Sega arcade board in the works. It was rumored to be in the works along with a Bayonetta follow up, and Virtua Fighter 6.

and as for the Graphics chips, where did you read that they were in development for 5 years? Just wondering...

anyway,maybe your right about their releases. For all I know we BOTH might be wrong, and Sega might pull something completely unexpected
Natural Harmonia Gropius

MrSega

Post#22 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm

MistaBuck wrote:@Dan Kuso

well then, I suppose that The "Power VR 6" will be compatible with this "ray tracing" tech.

And Like I said, If MrSega's source IS true (which it probably isn't), Sega Would probably ask ImagTec for a custom graphics card based on their current chips for their hypothetical Console (or even arcade board). If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo is doing Just that with the Wii U, which has an custom ATI graphics card.

The Wii U uses Radeon 4000 series ATI graphics NOT Imagination Tech. IM in fact does not use ATI(which is commonly used for rasteration), but OpenGL.

As for Imagination Tech being used in the new RINGWAVE board or the suppossed console variant. You're right, there's no concrete evidence, but there's plenty of clues that this new board is something special.

Again, CPU Mircoproccessors and GPUs are released to the OEM market 18 months after completion of beta protoype. Power VR 6 and 7 will be ready next summer. Development was finalized in February 2011.

Where did I read that Power VR 6 had been in development since '06? Simple. CausticGraphics was founded in 2006. Imagination Tech started the brand as thier next generation GPU R&D division in 2006 since thier IM brand had expanded and was commonly known as an mobile,portable-only brand.

Type in "Caustic Graphics" on youtube. Pretty much all the videos date back to late 2006 and in 2007.

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#23 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

@MrSega

hmm.. Interesting. I can actually agree with this.

All if it makes sense... except the name RINGWAVE. No one has confirmed that that's the name of the supposed arcade hardware.

Besides that, It's all possible :D
Natural Harmonia Gropius

MrSega

Post#24 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm

MistaBuck wrote:@MrSega

Well Technically, I DON'T know there's a new Sega arcade board in the works. It was rumored to be in the works along with a Bayonetta follow up, and Virtua Fighter 6.

and as for the Graphics chips, where did you read that they were in development for 5 years? Just wondering...

anyway,maybe your right about their releases. For all I know we BOTH might be wrong, and Sega might pull something completely unexpected

I don't think there's any reason to doubt that's theres another arcade board. In addition to TSSZ News, 2 credible and legit arcade newsletters ArcadeHeroes and TheStringerReport have reported that there is one. SEGA hasn't displayed or revealed ANY new arcade titles and didn't annouce or reveal anything new at TGS speaks volumes.

Why would anyone think that SEGA isn't developing a new board? If there wasn't then LINDBERGH wouldn't be retired and liqiudated, and there would have ALREADY been some new RINGEDGE titles released and annouced this year.

SEGA is an arcade company. They always have been. They could SUPRISE the whole gaming and tech world.

As for RINGWAVE, SegaNews' has had sources email him with this info and have said, is the 3rd entry in the RING series board. SEGA's trademarking department remains idle because of the Earthquake, so it hasn't been fully updated yet,

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#25 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

MrSega wrote:@stu. You do know that you just contridicted yourself. By saying most codename GPUs have a 2 year roadmap,exaggrating 3-4 years of assuming when it would be ready bascially caught your own bluff.

Power VR 6 and Power VR RTX development was completed this winter. Both chips are officially ready for prototype demostration. IM spent a total of 5 years of R&D on the next gen Power VR series. Since you just hate the idea of SEGA releasing any new hardware that can lead to them to building a new console from it, you didn't really take time to research the fact that the actual timeframe of when a GPU or mircoproccessor is completed and ready for rollout is 18 months not 2 years. The product is officially released a year and a half after its ready. Intel's Power iCore series was completed in the Summer of 2008, and was rolled out for OEM use in the Fall of 2009. Power VR 6 and 7 should be ready for rollout in the early summer of 2012.

So how did I contradict myself then? I used the period of 2 years as an example of a tech roadmap and then illustrated that example by using the Nvidia roadmap as evidence, every company has a different development schedule, AMD's graphics team and Nvidia tend to shadow each other's roadmap and AMD's CPU teams and Intel tend to mirror each others, since ImgTec does not seem to refresh their GPU lineup as often as Nvidia and AMD I made no comment on how long I thought it would be before Power VR 7 would appear, however since as Power VR 6 hasn't even been launched yet I think a 3 to 4 year window would be a fair assessment, hence my previous comment that I'm am now expecting these rumors to report a "mysterious delay" in the development of the amazing ray tracing "SuperSystem/Futura" Sega console. :lol:

I don't really know why you attempting to accuse me of contradicting myself and apparently attempting to start an argument, I find it interesting how you are now backing up Dan Kuso, when on numerous occasions you have referred to him as and I quote "a watercarrier" for Zach Morris.
Also if ,as I suspect, he is the same person as "RayTracer", who you have gone to great lengths to have banned from this forum, now you are backing him up. It would seem that I'm not the one that has contradicted myself at all. :)

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#26 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:15 pm

MrSega wrote:Where did I read that Power VR 6 had been in development since '06? Simple. CausticGraphics was founded in 2006. Imagination Tech started the brand as thier next generation GPU R&D division in 2006 since thier IM brand had expanded and was commonly known as an mobile,portable-only brand.

Type in "Caustic Graphics" on youtube. Pretty much all the videos date back to late 2006 and in 2007.

Caustic Graphics was founded in 2006, but it had no ties to ImgTec up until last year when ImgTec BOUGHT the company, both the Caustic One and Caustic Two boards were either launched or were being developed prior to that purchase. Therefore I highly doubt that ImgTec has "finalized" any new GPU with Caustic's tech yet, in fact it likely has only just started, as was stated in their roadmap.

http://semiaccurate.com/2010/12/15/imag ... -graphics/

MrSega

Re: False Information. Admins Please Close Thread.

Post#27 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 pm

@stu. CausticGraphics,Inc is owned by Imagination Tech. They exist as a division of IM. Not as an independant company as of 2010. R&D of Power VR 6 dates back to August 2006. CausticGraphics had started in San Francisico around the same time.

And please leave Dan Kuso alone and stop putting words in my mouth. He is doing nothing wrong and is speculating like I am. He's not spamming or causing any trouble.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#28 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:45 pm

May i ask, wtf just happened here?
First off Stu is right on the delay, probably coming 2014-2015, and also MrSega, Stu is not doing anything to Dan Kuso besides disagreeing! Btw Dan Kuso, S**A L**ks is where you found this info? I hate to say this, but the 'hoax' likes to make websites, and fake sources, to prove his info, so do not always trust this site.
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#29 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 pm

SegaNews wrote:May i ask, wtf just happened here?
First off Stu is right on the delay, probably coming 2014-2015, and also MrSega, Stu is not doing anything to Dan Kuso besides disagreeing! Btw Dan Kuso, S**A L**ks is where you found this info? I hate to say this, but the 'hoax' likes to make websites, and fake sources, to prove his info, so do not always trust this site.

Imagination Tech will display an actual demo of the Power VR 6 at CES next January, besides that, the GPU will be shipped for OEM rollout in the 2nd Quarter of 2012. There are no plans to delay them for 3-4 years. IM will soon make that clear. I think you should all wait until CES to see when IM will rollout its cutting edge GPUs, I'm sure my theory is 100% correct of Power VR 6 and RTX priced by the first half of 2012.

Dan Kuso, what SegaNews is trying to say is that this latest S***L***S incarnation is a complete and elaborate hoax. Mr. Morris doesn't run a wordpress blog anymore. He's given up on them He's a memeber here at DC Talk, his username is ZachMorrisFGN.

This latest blog is phony, not the real Zachary Morris. FAKE.