REVEALED : ARM 64 Bit CPU For Sega Console and Arcade.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Skunkworks
shadow

REVEALED : ARM 64 Bit CPU For Sega Console and Arcade.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm

http://ca.reuters.com/article/technolog ... RR20111027

“LONDON (Reuters) – British chip designer ARM has unveiled details of its first 64-bit architecture, which it said would expand its reach into enterprise applications such as servers currently dominated by Intel.

The ARMv8 architecture includes instruction sets for both 32-bit processing, which is used in the chips that power Apple’s iPad and new iPhone 4S, and 64-bit processing, ARM said on Thursday.

Architecture based on 64 bits can handle more memory and larger files than 32-bit systems, and as such it is necessary for demanding applications such as scientific research and searching large databases.

Intel’s 64-bit products include its Core processors used in PCs and its Xeon processors, which power multi-core servers and workstations.

ARM’s CTO Mike Muller said the new architecture would enable the Cambridge-based company’s chip-making partners to bring energy-efficient solutions to 64-bit processing markets.

Dan Vivoli, senior vice president at ARM licensee Nvidia, said: “The combination of Nvidia’s leadership in energy-efficient, high-performance processing and the new ARMv8 architecture will enable game-shifting breakthroughs in devices across the full range of computing – from smartphones through to supercomputers.”

ARM’s low-energy 32-bit designs dominate processors in mobile phones and tablet computers, and are increasingly found in products ranging from toys to air conditioners.

ARM said a number of its partners were already working on the 64-bit ecosystem.

Nvidia said in January it was developing processors for PCs, servers and supercomputers based on ARM’s architecture under the title “Project Denver”.”

This CPU fits the description that Mr. Morris has been alluding to.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: REVEALED : ARM 64 Bit CPU For Sega Console and Arcade.

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 pm

so where does it say sega?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

mazonemayu wrote:so where does it say sega?

:lol: :lol:

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Skunkworks wrote:This CPU fits the description that Mr. Morris has been alluding to.

So where's the big reveal then? Huh RayTracer/Skunkworks?

MrSega

Post#5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I guess he's trying to say that it alludes what he speculates is the CPU for the new board and console RINGWAVE/Futura.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#6 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi there RayTracer :) how's it been?
So how's the Mr. Morris lies going?
No Sega listed there, not for Sega, can you understand that?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#7 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

SegaNews wrote:Hi there RayTracert :) how's it been?
So how's the Mr. Morris lies going?
No Sega listed there, not for Sega, can you understand that?

(Cowboy Accent) Well...As long as he doesnt spam the forum with crap from that blog, he'll be alright.

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#8 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Why do you guys even humor him by posting in his topics ? , This is a place for rumors reguardless where he got the info, it seems that some are forgetting this.

MrSega

Post#9 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:08 am

madmax2069 wrote:Why do you guys even humor him by posting in his topics ? , This is a place for rumors reguardless where he got the info, it seems that some are forgetting this.

Who knows? Seriously, he has a chance to redeem himself here. If he doesn't spam any uncredible garbage from that blog, he'll be fine.

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#10 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 am

MrSega wrote:
madmax2069 wrote:Why do you guys even humor him by posting in his topics ? , This is a place for rumors reguardless where he got the info, it seems that some are forgetting this.

Who knows? Seriously, he has a chance to redeem himself here. If he doesn't spam any uncredible garbage from that blog, he'll be fine.
the only thing that would bother me is spam posting about the same thing in multiple topics and not keep it contained into a single topic even if its a credible source, other then that i dont care if he gets his info from a uncredible source. To me rumors are rumors, i take them with a grain of salt untill i see a offical announcement about what the rumor was about.

That dont mean that i wont talk about a rumor, its just not really what i get into. But enough of me going off topic. I usually look at rumors just for something to read.