Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Re: Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

Post#31 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:33 pm

MrSega wrote:As far as I'm concerned, its a very poor strategy that may cost Sony dearly. And from the looks of Nintendo is planning a simluar tactic with Wii U. You NEVER snub your homeland for the larger overseas market. Don't they remember what happened with Dreamcast?

???
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#32 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 am

WOAH Looks like I missed a great discussion on the pro and cons of keeping this place while I was away on Christmas vacation ...lol :D

Ah well I can now post my views and reply to some of the posts since I am back. That way we can get the topic back on track after "DC-Talk's No.1 Thread Hijacker" MrSega attempted to hijack this one too. :twisted:

dark wrote:I see some pretty outrageous wishful thinking. Just asking :lol:

Yeah you can add all the "new console rumors" that get posted here in to the "pretty outrageous wishful thinking" category, especially since they never come true. Personally speaking I only beleive in the new games rumors, like the ones for Sonic Generations etc.

mazonemayu wrote:fuck you and your idiot comments, I've just had it up to here; who are you to order (and even threatning) other users around, I'm one of the oldest members & was here long before you showed up, were banned (for covering this place in lies (cough...) & showed up again under another name (and lied again about not being banned in the first place). this used to be (still is, but pun intended) a decent place for DC fans. most folks come here and contribute in one way or the other to the DC scene (be it with better rips, reviews, vids, etc...) usefull stuff other gamers actually WANT. all you ever seem to do is hijack threads & take up serverspace

also this has nothing to do with "Anti Sega" hardware elitism, but there's speculation & speculation...

speculation is fine, but if you start something & over a year later still nothing has happened or being proved...sorry man, its time to lock up

if there's one person who doesn't respect other peoples opinion, its you

I might as well suggest atari prepping to get back in business & take over sony, now how is this more credible than sega launching a new console??

you'll be the first to post (as has happened before) "LIES!!! where's the proof...) but when we doubt something you say, you start threatning & flaming folks (& even asking mods to close certain topics). now how would you feel if we were to do that with you?? I can understand they don't want you anywhere else with that attitude.

RANT!!!

Post of the year! :D I agree 100% and I'm glad you posted it. I too get sick and tired of MrSega throwing his non-existant weight around threatening people with his toothless "warnings". He keeps spamming the "there will be no PS4, Sony can't afford it!/no PS4 patents exist etc" FUD all over the "next gen PS and Xbox thread" that I started. Funny thing is that there is actually more evidence of development of a next gen Playstation (reports of devs starting to work on games etc) than there is of any new Sega hardware. (Anyone spotted any mention of Kids Pad in a mainstream gaming website yet? Didn't think so! :lol: )

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#33 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Neohound wrote:A lot of stuff in this section does get up my nose (a polite way of putting it) but I'm not sure getting rid of it is a good thing. I need to think about that.....

A lot of what maz says is true and I think he, as well as myself, is worried that this part of the forums can sometimes bring the rest of Dreamcast-Talk into disrepute (gosh, I AM being polite today ! lol).

It's a shame because there are so many nice and sensible posters here........I wish they'd post elsewhere on the forums ! ;) In particular I think stu writes very well. His posts are interesting, mostly accurate and informative, and it's always worth reading what he has to say.

Some people slagging others off for having a different opinion to theirs and wanting topics they don't agree with locked, then crying to gary( the mods) everytime they don't get their own way. Not behaviour that is becoming of the premier Dreamcast site on the planet !!

Anyway, I'm chilling out. This aint the houses of parliament or a war zone thank god.

Hey Neohound! Glad you like my posts, thanks for the positive comments! :) I do try to post accurate information and provide sources etc. I would probably contribute more to the forum, however I've only just become a Dreamcast owner and only have a couple of games, however I plan to remedy that in 2012! :D

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#34 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm

MrSega wrote:I only have a few things to say here before I move on back to speculating sensibly like I normally do.

Neohound. Most of the time, this section is fine & people usually get along & have civil discussions.

The problem is that every once in a while you get people like Skunkworks purposely trolling& spamming with known false info, once its determined to be erroneous, he waits until he's sure that everyone believes that ALL SEGA rumors are made up & hightails it out of here.

As for stu/MulberryTweedlecork, he's a Sega Forums alumni. And all Sega Forums users aretaught to discourage any type of Sega speculation with a very unorthadox method: 1. Dispute any type of Sega rumor without being able to debunk it with any facts.

2. Speak in a semi-professional context so people will think you're an expert on the subject when in fact, your just as in the dark as anyone else is.

3. When you're unable to debunk the rumor, resort to flaming by putting words in people's mouths, falsely accuse them of lying, insult, twist & spin user qoutes in other words: Troll. In their mind, as long as you have nothing concrete, you have NO right to speculate anything SEGA related.

:roll: :roll: Oh Geez you're not posting that "stu is MulberryTweedlecork" crap again? You posted that before on here and on SegaNewsWire when it was online and you were proven wrong then.

I've never had a membership to Sega's forums and have no plans to join, in fact DC-Talk is the only gaming forum I've ever joined, that was mostly because YOU were insulting me and posting bullshit about me on here, foolishly thinking you were safe to "run your mouth" since I wasn't a member on here.
Considering that you've previously claimed that it was me posting under the name comradesnarky, merely because comrade was proving you wrong with real facts and figures, I highly doubt anyone is going to believe anything you say.

In closing, the only conclusion I can come to is that this "MulberryTweedlecork" person on the Sega Forums was successfully able to prove you wrong by using the same facts that I've used:

1 That Sega cannot afford to develop and sell a new game console. The only division within Sega-Sammy that is generating profits is the Pachinko business, Sega Corporation (old Sega Enterprises) has been posting losses for years.

2 That there is no article in the mainstream press reporting on a new Sega game console. Prove me wrong and post one if you can.

3 - Your main source of these so called "rumors" came from Zach Morris, a notorious liar and bullshitter, well known with other Sega Fan Sites to be behind every false "Sega Console" rumor since Sega quit the console business 10 years ago. Since he has apparently decided to quit posting his crap, you've now resorted to making your own "rumors" up.

MrSega wrote:As for Mazo, I dissagree. This section has been doing fine & flame wars have been frequently avoided. I can understand being burned out by all the on again,off again Dreamcast 2 rumors of the past several years. But that gives you no right to resort to insulting other people. Its your choice to ignore the speculation. so do it.

People need to understand that SEGA's R&D is like a "Syndicate". They keep quiet about what goes on. Its hard to figure them out, that's why I and other resorts to speculating and thoerizing on what's going on. Just because they don't say anything or explain away the patents DOESN'T mean that all of the rumors are false. We have to wait and see what they say.

:vent :roll: You keep posting that crap on here, "Sega has Military style Top Secret policy blah blah blah" and yet you never provide proof. Last time I asked you to prove it you used the example that Sega was able to keep Sonic Generations a secret from the gaming press .. big whoopie! Keeping the development of a game secret is far easier than keeping a hardware project secret and IF the Kids Pad or that ray tracing console existed then there would be leaks from the hardware partners and from devs that were signed up to make games for it, we'd be reading them in the mainstream gaming press just like the leaks on the next gen Xbox and Playstation, not on some poorly made craphole like SegaNewsWire/SegaLeaks/FGNOnline or from a Sega fan that falsely believes he's suddenly an industry insider like you do!

Look how well the development of the Dreamcast was documented, information on the BlackBelt and Katana projects were all over the gaming press MONTHS before the DC launched. That was all public knowledge because these companies have SHAREHOLDERS and the shareholders have a right to know how their money is being spent. :/vent

MrSega

Post#35 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:16 pm

For those of you wondering, this is one of the reasons why Suzuki and SEGA won't MAKE Shenmue III for a non SEGA console.

http://andriasang.com/comzjx/shenmue_world_dead/

MrSega

Post#36 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
MrSega wrote:As far as I'm concerned, its a very poor strategy that may cost Sony dearly. And from the looks of Nintendo is planning a simluar tactic with Wii U. You NEVER snub your homeland for the larger overseas market. Don't they remember what happened with Dreamcast?

???

What's with all the piss poor Japanese support with Wii U?

http://andriasang.com/comzjw/kujo_new_games/

This is what happened to Dreamcast in Japan.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#37 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:32 pm

MrSega wrote:
elmagicochrisg wrote:

???

What's with all the piss poor Japanese support with Wii U?

http://andriasang.com/comzjw/kujo_new_games/

This is what happened to Dreamcast in Japan.

q for mr sega just wondering this link has nothing on the wii u i do not wont to start anything just wondering

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#38 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:42 pm

MrSega

Post#39 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:11 pm

@crazietrufis. With the link is to is to a well known Japanese producer annoucing a new title for PS3 & Vita, I'm trying to point out how non existant Japanese support for Wii U is. The system is supossidly 5-6 months away and since before TGS not a single SOLIDTARY 3rd party title has been confirmed or annouced for it.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#40 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:31 pm

stu wrote:
Neohound wrote:A lot of stuff in this section does get up my nose (a polite way of putting it) but I'm not sure getting rid of it is a good thing. I need to think about that.....

A lot of what maz says is true and I think he, as well as myself, is worried that this part of the forums can sometimes bring the rest of Dreamcast-Talk into disrepute (gosh, I AM being polite today ! lol).

It's a shame because there are so many nice and sensible posters here........I wish they'd post elsewhere on the forums ! ;) In particular I think stu writes very well. His posts are interesting, mostly accurate and informative, and it's always worth reading what he has to say.

Some people slagging others off for having a different opinion to theirs and wanting topics they don't agree with locked, then crying to gary( the mods) everytime they don't get their own way. Not behaviour that is becoming of the premier Dreamcast site on the planet !!

Anyway, I'm chilling out. This aint the houses of parliament or a war zone thank god.

Hey Neohound! Glad you like my posts, thanks for the positive comments! :) I do try to post accurate information and provide sources etc. I would probably contribute more to the forum, however I've only just become a Dreamcast owner and only have a couple of games, however I plan to remedy that in 2012! :D

Nice to see you back here stu. Hope you had a good christmas/new year.

So you've got yourself a DC eh ? It's not often you get to talk about real consoles on here ;) :lol:

If you need any advice on what to buy/download for your Dreamcast then there are plenty of folks on the forums who would be only too willing to help you out.