Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dark
Shark Patrol

Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 pm

I see some pretty outrageous wishful thinking. Just asking :lol:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:20 pm

not one, this is why a rumors section is unneeded ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 pm

mazonemayu wrote:not one, this is why a rumors section is unneeded ;)

What do you mean ?! There have been loads of very interesting Sega rumours leaked on here......... :)

.......Can't you remember the leaked news about the new handheld, the 'Sega Sarcastic' ??!! - that was a brilliant expose and you heard it first on here !!!!!

MrSega

Post#4 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 pm

What difference does it make? Absolutely none. Why are you concerned? You don't have to believe them.

I speculate on what I can find. Call it wishful thinking if you like. But my motto is that if there's evidence that something is in theworks that means that THERE IS something.

Those of you who don't like speculation, go run to Sega Forums. They'll encourage the "Anti Sega" hardware elitism you love.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#5 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:37 am

MrSega wrote:
Those of you who don't like speculation, go run to Sega Forums. They'll encourage the "Anti Sega" hardware elitism you love.

fuck you and your idiot comments, I've just had it up to here; who are you to order (and even threatning) other users around, I'm one of the oldest members & was here long before you showed up, were banned (for covering this place in lies (cough...) & showed up again under another name (and lied again about not being banned in the first place). this used to be (still is, but pun intended) a decent place for DC fans. most folks come here and contribute in one way or the other to the DC scene (be it with better rips, reviews, vids, etc...) usefull stuff other gamers actually WANT. all you ever seem to do is hijack threads & take up serverspace

also this has nothing to do with "Anti Sega" hardware elitism, but there's speculation & speculation...

speculation is fine, but if you start something & over a year later still nothing has happened or being proved...sorry man, its time to lock up

if there's one person who doesn't respect other peoples opinion, its you

I might as well suggest atari prepping to get back in business & take over sony, now how is this more credible than sega launching a new console??

you'll be the first to post (as has happened before) "LIES!!! where's the proof...) but when we doubt something you say, you start threatning & flaming folks (& even asking mods to close certain topics). now how would you feel if we were to do that with you?? I can understand they don't want you anywhere else with that attitude.

RANT!!!
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 am

MrSega wrote:What difference does it make? Absolutely none. Why are you concerned? You don't have to believe them.

I speculate on what I can find. Call it wishful thinking if you like. But my motto is that if there's evidence that something is in theworks that means that THERE IS something.

I think to call avid Dreamcast fans 'Anti Sega hardware elitists' is a bit rich..............no ?

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am

A lot of stuff in this section does get up my nose (a polite way of putting it) but I'm not sure getting rid of it is a good thing. I need to think about that.....

A lot of what maz says is true and I think he, as well as myself, is worried that this part of the forums can sometimes bring the rest of Dreamcast-Talk into disrepute (gosh, I AM being polite today ! lol).

It's a shame because there are so many nice and sensible posters here........I wish they'd post elsewhere on the forums ! ;) In particular I think stu writes very well. His posts are interesting, mostly accurate and informative, and it's always worth reading what he has to say.

Some people slagging others off for having a different opinion to theirs and wanting topics they don't agree with locked, then crying to gary( the mods) everytime they don't get their own way. Not behaviour that is becoming of the premier Dreamcast site on the planet !!

Anyway, I'm chilling out. This aint the houses of parliament or a war zone thank god.

Egregore
core

Post#8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 am

I just think everybody needs to avoid presenting theories/rumors as truth on this section, after all it IS called RUMORS and SPECULATION. If everyone would just follow that one piece of advice I think that should probably avoid getting people mad...

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#9 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 pm

As far as I know, No. And none probably will ever come true.

MrSega

Post#10 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 pm

I only have a few things to say here before I move on back to speculating sensibly like I normally do.

Neohound. Most of the time, this section is fine & people usually get along & have civil discussions.

The problem is that every once in a while you get people like Skunkworks purposely trolling& spamming with known false info, once its determined to be erroneous, he waits until he's sure that everyone believes that ALL SEGA rumors are made up & hightails it out of here.

As for stu/MulberryTweedlecork, he's a Sega Forums alumni. And all Sega Forums users aretaught to discourage any type of Sega speculation with a very unorthadox method: 1. Dispute any type of Sega rumor without being able to debunk it with any facts.

2. Speak in a semi-professional context so people will think you're an expert on the subject when in fact, your just as in the dark as anyone else is.

3. When you're unable to debunk the rumor, resort to flaming by putting words in people's mouths, falsely accuse them of lying, insult, twist & spin user qoutes in other words: Troll. In their mind, as long as you have nothing concrete, you have NO right to speculate anything SEGA related.

As for Mazo, I dissagree. This section has been doing fine & flame wars have been frequently avoided. I can understand being burned out by all the on again,off again Dreamcast 2 rumors of the past several years. But that gives you no right to resort to insulting other people. Its your choice to ignore the speculation. so do it.

People need to understand that SEGA's R&D is like a "Syndicate". They keep quiet about what goes on. Its hard to figure them out, that's why I and other resorts to speculating and thoerizing on what's going on. Just because they don't say anything or explain away the patents DOESN'T mean that all of the rumors are false. We have to wait and see what they say.

You're welcome not to believe that SEGA will return to the hardware business or not to believe the speculation. But don't rain in our parades. Let us speculate to our heart's content. None of the actually users here ARE saying its ALL true.

I'm done, that's my two cents. Back to speculating in the other topic I go.