Progressive Commercial...Sonic???

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Progressive Commercial...Sonic???

Post#1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06 pm

I saw this commercial on tv yesterday and I was wondering why Sonic was in a Progressive car insurance commercial. I mean they have nothing in common and why of all things would Sega use Progressive to promote Sonic? I''ll let you guys speculate about how this is Sega's way of getting Sonic back into the publics mind and that they are producing a new console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_H4d68IUc

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Re: Progressive Commercial...Sonic???

Post#2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm

sega2k wrote: I''ll let you guys speculate about how this is Sega's way of getting Sonic back into the publics mind and that they are producing a new console.

Was I supposed to laugh at that part?

MrSega

Post#3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:
sega2k wrote: I''ll let you guys speculate about how this is Sega's way of getting Sonic back into the publics mind and that they are producing a new console.

No. But I still can't get over the fact that you've never played a single SEGA SPORTS title in your entire life.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#4 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 am

MrSega wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:

No. But I still can't get over the fact that you've never played a single SEGA SPORTS title in your entire life.

Well uhm....Does NBA jam for the genesis count...>.>

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am

I find this commercial strange too...mainly becuz I can't really remember the last time I've seen a game character promoting a nongame product...maybe progressive is sponsoring a sega/sonic social game?

MrSega

Post#6 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 am

Hiryosuke wrote:I find this commercial strange too...mainly becuz I can't really remember the last time I've seen a game character promoting a nongame product...maybe progressive is sponsoring a sega/sonic social game?

The funny thing is, you're probably right.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#7 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:30 am

Completely old news???......only a commercial???.....means nothing at all???...was thread necessary???...more pointless threads titled in question marks????....find out soon.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#8 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 am

SEGA-TUDE wrote:Completely old news???......only a commercial???.....means nothing at all???...was thread necessary???...more pointless threads titled in question marks????....find out soon.
im not sure that the commercial belongs in the speculation section, but at the same time what does it hurt? why bash his thread and call it pointless? if it generates conversation, it does have a point. i personally do not agree with him and i don't care for speculation as a whole. that is why i don't post in here in the speculation section much or believe the stuff in here.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#9 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:17 am

Like you said doesn't belong in this section again old news making it out way out more then it is and of course someone is gonna comment on any thread in here but i can bet you its gonna shift into another conversation. So yeah this thread is very pointless on going anywhere and topic is pointless. This thread belongs in sega forum with the rest of the pointless threads. Really progressive+sonic=console? How can you look at that without your mind glitch into annoyance.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

CruSega
Doom

Post#10 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

I think its great to see Sonic back in anything mainstream, even if its for Progressive Auto Insurance. It just shows the little guy still has star power, more so than Sega itself.