Back...

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: Back...

Post#21 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Neohound wrote:
MrSega wrote:
I also have this sneaky feeling that SEGASammy will soon no longer operate under their domain name "SEGASammy".

What ? You mean it's going to be renamed MrSegaSammy ? ;)

Nope. Sarcasm aside, Sega Orbi will be the company's new international brand name.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#22 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Idk man developing a new optical format is pretty expensive...not saying segasammy doesn't have the bank but i don't see them having the need to when bluray is jus now gaining some form of speed and there's really no need for a new optical format...maybe they'd seek a proprietary flash based tech to keep costs down but there's really no need for new optical format...hell ppl still use dvds...and apparently the music industry is moving away from the cd to mp3...at least thats what i heard so that would mean it would probably be more fruitful and forward moving to look at physical drive storage as opposed to optical at this point...hard drive/memory card...

MrSega

Post#23 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 am

Hiryosuke wrote:Idk man developing a new optical format is pretty expensive...not saying segasammy doesn't have the bank but i don't see them having the need to when bluray is jus now gaining some form of speed and there's really no need for a new optical format...maybe they'd seek a proprietary flash based tech to keep costs down but there's really no need for new optical format...hell ppl still use dvds...and apparently the music industry is moving away from the cd to mp3...at least thats what i heard so that would mean it would probably be more fruitful and forward moving to look at physical drive storage as opposed to optical at this point...hard drive/memory card...

Logic & theory would suggest SEGA is co developing the new format with the help,direction and funding of Toshiba. Codenamed "ORBI Disc".

As for HDDs,SSDs & Flash Media, I coulda swore I saw a description for R&D for such products in the mark's description, but I'll have to scan for it.

mutantlx
undertow

Post#24 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 pm

think new optical format could be a way of piracy protection. I know its not solid (look what happened to GD-ROM) but its a hurdle.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#25 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 pm

MrSega wrote:Logic & theory would suggest SEGA is co developing the new format with the help,direction and funding of Toshiba. Codenamed "ORBI Disc".
As for HDDs,SSDs & Flash Media, I coulda swore I saw a description for R&D for such products in the mark's description, but I'll have to scan for it.

HA HA! What logic and theory? :roll:

You're so called logic is that just because Sega and Toshiba filed these patents/trademarks on the same day, that somehow they are related. Thats not called logic, thats called "Clutching at Straws". :lol: :lol:

MrSega

Post#26 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:45 pm

mutantlx wrote:think new optical format could be a way of piracy protection. I know its not solid (look what happened to GD-ROM) but its a hurdle.

SEGA has not forgotten GDROM & how easy it was to duplicate & how at the end of Dreamcast's life piracy had become a problem. They also took a HARD at piracy prevention
after the PSN outage last year which seems to have badly crippled Sony to the point of having to change PSN's name to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network).

GD-ROM's main problem was that it was nothing more than CD ROM with higher copacity. SEGA had designed it as a way to a cheaper alternative to DVD & to eliminate Saturn's coding problem & complex design. Unfortunely for them, by 2000, CD piracy had become a problem.

SEGA's business policy now in days is alot more conservative. They'll have more interest in R&D in creating a "write free" Disc than sticking to DVD & BD.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#27 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Hmm...I thought psn changed to sen as a means to bring sony's multimedia services all under one brand...If its becuz the name psn apparently makes it much more succeptible to piracy nobody told me...and nobody reported on that either...hmmm...mist have missed that headline...

MrSega

Post#28 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Hiryosuke wrote:Hmm...I thought psn changed to sen as a means to bring sony's multimedia services all under one brand...If its becuz the name psn apparently makes it much more succeptible to piracy nobody told me...and nobody reported on that either...hmmm...mist have missed that headline...

Ironically, there are already reports that hackers have already figured out how to jaikbreak the Vita.

The change occured for 2 reasons: 1. To fix the copyright clauses of PSN. And 2. The 2011 hack damaged the brand rather badly.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#29 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am

Hiryosuke wrote:Hmm...I thought psn changed to sen as a means to bring sony's multimedia services all under one brand...If its becuz the name psn apparently makes it much more succeptible to piracy nobody told me...and nobody reported on that either...hmmm...mist have missed that headline...

You are correct, they changed the name to bring all their online multimedia services under one brand.

MrSega is merely trying to spread his "Sony is Doomed" FUD again.

As Usual.. :roll:

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#30 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Well flatly speaking a name change isn't gonna reduce the likelyhood of getting hacked and if the changed any name to avoid hacking they would have to change the COMPANY name not the service and even that wouldn't help becuz ppl would know who they used to be...don't forget segawas hacked as well...as well as...umm...cia? Fbi? I forget but one of the two...and its not suprising that vita has been jailbroken...everything gets jailbroken these days and jailbreaking is legal...at least here in the states...its the piracy that comes from that that is illegal...this will probably lead to a firmware update in the near future...