2018 and counting- Doom for Dreamcast Online

Moderator: pcwzrd13

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Re: 2018 and counting- Doom for Dreamcast Online

Post#41 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:37 am

Awesome work scaryred24 and Shuouma, always blows me away whenever I hear of a new title being brought online. Cannot wait to see how this goes :)

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#42 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 am

Cool. Thanks guys.

I guess my questions are:
1) Which modes will this support? (Deathmatch for two, deathmatch for more than two players, cooperative play, capture the flag, etc.)
2) Will there be a server browser?

Whiteysnakey
rebel

Post#43 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:01 am

-
Last edited by Whiteysnakey on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#44 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am

How bout online coop mode?
Italian Stallion

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#45 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 am

Shuouma wrote:Hey Guys

I looked at this and I have now added modem support for DCDoom. I have also tested to play
from my DC after dialup against my Linux machine running SDL Doom. Works fine.

So the network-code is working. People just need to be careful when setting up the network variables.

Will release the CDI soon.

Heck yeah! Been wanting to try this out for awhile now

moi
blackout!

Post#46 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:07 am

I looked at this and I have now added modem support for DCDoom. I have also tested to play

So the network-code is working. People just need to be careful when setting up the network variables.

Awesome! This is the first homebrew software to utilize modem and therefore deserves a separate thread, imho!
Hopefully this can be used as a template for developing new homebrew online games!

PS: Any chance we could reinterate that OC thread in order to make you add modem support to one of the Quake ports, Shuouma? ;)
But seriously, you've got to have nerves of steel! I had quit that site ages ago after having had couple of way less dramatic PMs with LN.
Now having read the latest drama I remember that it was for a good reason and there is no way back.
Last edited by moi on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#47 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:28 am

moi wrote:But seriously, you've got to have nerves of steel! I had quit that site ages ago after having had couple of way less dramatic PMs with LN.
Now having read the latest drama I remember that it was for a good reason and there is no way back.

It's sad given that that site was a DC online refuge for so long, but LN killed that site single handedly. The walled off PSO members only club (and willful denial of Sylverant and threats if it was even mentioned) was the final straw for me.

Anyway, this is great news!
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

KGRAMR
undertow

Post#48 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Can we add Doom to Dreamcast-live now :D ? Seriously Shuouma, are you ever going to stop? Seriously, thanks a LOT for what you're doing to one of my favorite Sega systems ever made ;)
Now You're Playing with Power
Do The Math
Genesis Does What Nintendon't

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#49 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:58 pm

peanut_unlimited wrote:Awesome work scaryred24 and Shuouma, always blows me away whenever I hear of a new title being brought online. Cannot wait to see how this goes :)

Thank you so much but you know I only made suggestions for a few pwads. I'm sure you might know what I added into it. ;)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#50 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
peanut_unlimited wrote:Awesome work scaryred24 and Shuouma, always blows me away whenever I hear of a new title being brought online. Cannot wait to see how this goes :)

Thank you so much but you know I only made suggestions for a few pwads. I'm sure you might know what I added into it. ;)

you should get a nice collection of the top deathmatch maps

how does heretic and hexen work?
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net