Idea for a new Dreamcast tournament

This forum is for Official Dreamcast Talk Game Contests. All discussion of game contests should be done here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Idea for a new Dreamcast tournament

Post#11 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Captain Dreamcast wrote:
... There's more people playing offline than online.

This is true due to the lack of modem access now that broadband has killed ISDN and the ol' dial-up connections for the internet (yes, some very few people still have dial-up).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Senchiro
shadow

Post#12 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Captain Dreamcast wrote:
Just to make sure not EVERYONE cheats, I think it would be best to implement the "pics-or-it-didn't-happen" rule. Yeah.

For sure you will have to do it as offline tournament. But it can be good if you'll use a video approvment of the player's performance as i have do for the 24 Hours le Mans Challenge.

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Senchiro wrote:For sure you will have to do it as offline tournament. But it can be good if you'll use a video approvment of the player's performance as i have do for the 24 Hours le Mans Challenge.

Videos are pretty good proof, since they are tough to modify. :mrgreen:
Pics aren't that bad either, it's just that everyone has one way or another to take a picture of their screen, y'know? And I'll speak for myself and say... I don't have anything to record footage from my gameplay :?

For all of those interested in the tournament, it's started already:
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2568
For Great Justice!

Senchiro
shadow

Post#14 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Captain Dreamcast wrote:
Senchiro wrote:For sure you will have to do it as offline tournament. But it can be good if you'll use a video approvment of the player's performance as i have do for the 24 Hours le Mans Challenge.

Videos are pretty good proof, since they are tough to modify. :mrgreen:
Pics aren't that bad either, it's just that everyone has one way or another to take a picture of their screen, y'know? And I'll speak for myself and say... I don't have anything to record footage from my gameplay :?

For all of those interested in the tournament, it's started already:
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2568

This is exactly why i say that, cause a video are more difficult to modify then a picture. It's just a way to have a clean tournament and that player's do not suspect any cheating from each other for their performance ^^

Impulse
Admin

Post#15 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 pm

I think asking for video proof is too much. Most people have no way of doing so. It will severely limit the amount of participants. It's all about fun anyways. I held two game contests here and never had any problem with cheating that I know of (we used image proof).
-Impulse

Senchiro
shadow

Post#16 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Impulse wrote:I think asking for video proof is too much. Most people have no way of doing so. It will severely limit the amount of participants. It's all about fun anyways. I held two game contests here and never had any problem with cheating that I know of (we used image proof).

Hi Impulse,

I agree that for this kind of tournament it will be too much to ask video proof cause it's on a short term, so a pic should be enough.

By the way, what happend with your test drive le Mans times, still not make some laps ?

Neoblast
Developer

Post#17 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:21 am

What about us? ¬.¬

I find it very disturbing that you do not add us into that list ....

Dreamcast.es
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#18 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Neoblast wrote:What about us? ¬.¬

I find it very disturbing that you do not add us into that list ....

Dreamcast.es

I didn't know about Dreamcast.es back then, sorry!
A very nice site, should #12 really happen, I'd be glad to have you participate. Though I'd need someone to translate the rules etc. into spanish.
For Great Justice!

Neoblast
Developer

Post#19 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 pm

I could do hat but the active members of that site know english.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Dreamcast_Ninja
dark night

Post#20 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 am

I'm up for it ,I to would like to start a DC tourney scene on DC fighters where I'm from right now just for the f*ck of it. Maybe I should go to SRK (don't like the site) and bring it up to them.